PDA

View Full Version : Verizon FIOS Salesman

steveneddy
June 10th, 2010, 02:52 AM
OK - so tonight GF and I (yes, a real girl) are sitting around watching Mythbusters on TV when a Verizon FIOS salesman comes to our door asking us if we would be interested in FIOS.

GF lives in an apartment complex and our trash was sitting outside the door waiting for us to take it to the trash box later this evening.

Before the salesman could finish his scripted schpeal, I told him that if he took our trash down to the trash bin I would talk to him.

Five minutes later he shows back up with a knock on the door. When I opened the door I noticed the trash was missing, I asked him if he did that for us, at which time he replied in the affirmative.

I thanked him for taking the trash out, gave him a $1.00 tip for his "service" and told him that we weren't interested.

You should have seen the look on his face, priceless.

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 02:58 AM
um wow, you're what we call in the real world a douchebag. You do know he makes his money off of SALES! He even went door to door in the middle of summer and you made it look like you would buy something from him but instead you wasted his time.

TheNerdAL
June 10th, 2010, 03:02 AM
um wow, you're what we call in the real world a douchebag. You do know he makes his money off of SALES! He even went door to door in the middle of summer and you made it look like you would buy something from him but instead you wasted his time.

I agree, that's messed up man.

McRat
June 10th, 2010, 03:05 AM
I need to remember this on trash day.:-k

"Hi, would you like to buy a vacuum?"

"Uh, I have no money today, come back TUESDAY."

NightwishFan
June 10th, 2010, 03:15 AM
It may have been the most important day of your life when NightwishFan graced your village. But for me.. it was tuesday...

ubunterooster
June 10th, 2010, 03:23 AM
I got a spammer to buy an ooma once but getting someone to actually do your chores...I'm jealous!

Giant Speck
June 10th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Funny, but also a douche move.

Frak
June 10th, 2010, 03:49 AM
That's kinda low. He's just trying to make a living.

Dustin2128
June 10th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Funny, but also a douche move.

Agreed

NightwishFan
June 10th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Of course!

ubunterooster
June 10th, 2010, 04:21 AM
He may be trying to make a living, but I put spammers next to blackmailers mentally. I have no pity for anyone I don't know who is trying to make me buy stuff I did not ask about. Still, The Spammer who spent $200 on the ooma (i saved him 50 ) actually will more than get his cash back via not paying any more phone bills. Not that my goal was to help him...

Spammers (like politians) are there to make fun of, and play pranks on. True, there is a need for Spammers (and Politians), and I feel sorry when I think of the poor peope who are degraded to such positions, but when talking to them the pity is not around.

steveneddy
June 10th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Oh how brave the name callers are from behind your screen names and keyboards.

You must have real cool jobs like taco maker or bathroom floor desanitizer.

drs305
June 10th, 2010, 04:23 AM
This thread has covered both viewpoints. Nothing is to be gained by further comments.

Thread closed.