PDA

View Full Version : Did you eat breakfast this morning?

RichardLinx
June 10th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Came across this on digg: http://lifehacker.com/5558994/eat-breakfast-first-thing-in-the-morning-for-better-sleep

First thing I did was get on my computer. Breakfast is old-school man.

YuiDaoren
June 10th, 2010, 02:06 AM
For values of breakfast including "cup of joe", sure.

phrostbyte
June 10th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Every day. :)

lisati
June 10th, 2010, 02:08 AM
The usual: Four slices of toast (2 with Marmite, 2 with peanut butter) and a cup of instant coffee. (The spreads occasionally vary depending on what we have in the house.)

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 02:08 AM
My breakfast was a homemade blue cheese burger with hotsauce. :p

Simian Man
June 10th, 2010, 02:10 AM
3 fried eggs with hot sauce and a cup of tea.

RichardLinx
June 10th, 2010, 02:11 AM
For values of breakfast including "cup of joe", sure.
In that case, I haven't missed breakfast for at least 4 years straight. :)

GregBrannon
June 10th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Every day.

foxmulder881
June 10th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Nah, don't eat brekky.

WinterRain
June 10th, 2010, 02:56 AM
My breakfast was a homemade blue cheese burger with hotsauce. :p

That sounds absolutely delicious! Can you make me one?

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 03:00 AM
That sounds absolutely delicious! Can you make me one?
Absolutely! And because it's blue cheese it won't rot, it'll just get more flavor :D

YuiDaoren
June 10th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Absolutely! And because it's blue cheese it won't rot, it'll just get more flavor :D
I wont rot? Bleu cheese is twice-rotten milk. So there. Icly icky. :P

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 03:58 AM
I wont rot? Bleu cheese is twice-rotten milk. So there. Icly icky. :P
I guess it's an acquired taste :D

handy
June 10th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I was going to post that the question could have been what time did you break your fast, then it dawned on me that it had to be before midday.

dtfinch
June 10th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Today's breakfast was two granola bars, 90 calories each, followed by two 16oz diet Rockstar energy drinks.

Timmer1240
June 10th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Hardly ever do breakfast just couple pots of coffee sometimes a muffin or dounut!

steveneddy
June 10th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Two pop tarts (strawberry flavor), one large glass of milk, a fudgecicle (sugar free), one half cup of dried berries (assorted), one large glass of orange juice (pulp free) and three cigarettes.

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Two pop tarts (strawberry flavor), one large glass of milk, a fudgecicle (sugar free), one half cup of dried berries (assorted), one large glass of orange juice (pulp free) and three cigarettes.
You ate three cigarettes?

YuiDaoren
June 10th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Roughage is important in a diet, dude.

Andreas1
June 10th, 2010, 05:44 AM
doing it right now. special K + soy milk, it's 6:40.

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Roughage is important in a diet, dude.
Sawdust does the body good.

Khakilang
June 10th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Eat my breakfast and pop in some vitamins pills that will make my day.

V for Vincent
June 10th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Absolutely. Hell, I even look forward to it a little bit every night when I go to bed :)

The Real Dave
June 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm eating breakfast right now, on my second big bowl of Rice Krispies, and I got my four slices of toast in the toaster :) I should make more coffee though.

I always eat a big breakfast, and never skip it :) I'm just intolerable during the day if I do :P

Phrea
June 10th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Never.

NightwishFan
June 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Not this morning. D:

bigseb
June 10th, 2010, 11:07 AM
6 weetbix, 1/2 litre of milk, coffee, some fruit.

northwestuntu
June 10th, 2010, 12:34 PM
oatmeal and egg whites

nerdtron
June 10th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I eat breakfast everyday before going to school. Thats the secret of high grades! ;)
but on vacations and sem breaks i'm tired of making breakfast.

YuiDaoren
June 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I went all-out on breakfast today. Put half a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee. Woooo!

NCLI
June 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Yep, a slice of roasted rugbrød (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugbr%C3%B8d) with homemade tuna-salad. I think I'll go make another one with herring or goose rillette now, since you reminded me of food :p

RiceMonster
June 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I eat breakfast every day. Otherwise I'd be chewing my finger nails off waiting for lunch.

limestone
June 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Morning* I woke up 12.30pm ^^ but yea tea and a toast as always:P

samalex
June 10th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I normally try to get something down for breakfast, whether it be some fruit (which we try to always have cut-up in the fridge) or a bagel or something. This morning I was running alittle late so I grabbed a muffin and cup of coffee heading out the door and had it during the morning commute.

Sam

sydbat
June 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I have a "boomerang" thing if I eat too soon after getting up. So I usually only eat lunch and supper. Coffee first thing, however, is a must!

sica07
June 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Oversleep again (and again, and again)->late to work->no breakfast

julio_cortez
June 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I usually have breakfast, except when I go clubbing and I come back home directly at breakfast time on Sunday, rushing to bed and not waking up till dinner time (or till 2/3 PM if there are sports on TV).

Well, Sunday is Sunday :D

.:PiXi²:.
June 10th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Every day I have to get my cup of coffee to wake up, sometimes with a banana or another piece of fruit.

asciicat
June 10th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Pancakes, milk, and a banana.

ukripper
June 10th, 2010, 04:09 PM
My everyday breakfast includes:

Herbalife Formula 1 and Formula 2 shake
Cereals with banana(great source of potassium)

sports fan Matt
June 10th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Haven't yet. It depends on if I am hungry enough in the morning. I do however start my day off with coffee and sometimes cereal.

BrokenKingpin
June 10th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I rarely eat breakfast.

WinterRain
June 10th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Skipping breakfast very bad for health (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/4004.php)

Skip breakfast, get fat (http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20090615/skip-breakfast-get-fat)

Top 10 Reasons not to skip your breakfast (http://www.womenfitness.net/top10_no_skip_breakfast.htm)

But I guess you people that skip breakfast know better, right? :rolleyes:

How can it be good for your body, to deny it nutrition after fasting all night?

ratcheer
June 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I almost always eat something for breakfast. This morning, it was just coffee and cereal.

Tim

alfamud
June 10th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Ha! Rice, Beans, Eggs, Toast Lemon juice, with "natilla" and tortillas owns u all :3

champs breaksfast xd

steveneddy
June 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM

That is what the orange juice is for.

Jeezz, send them to school, buy them books.......

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Yep, a slice of roasted rugbrød (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugbr%C3%B8d) with homemade tuna-salad. I think I'll go make another one with herring or goose rillette now, since you reminded me of food :p
I'm not going to lie, but that sounds good. We have Pate (which is pretty similar) here in the states but it's so pricey.

I eat the strangest things for breakfast, like today was a cheese crisp.

WinterRain
June 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I'm not going to lie, but that sounds good. We have Pate (which is pretty similar) here in the states but it's so pricey.

I eat the strangest things for breakfast, like today was a cheese crisp.

I want one of your blue cheese burgers with hot sauce.
http://images.clipartof.com/small/6703-Brown-Dog-Mascot-Cartoon-Character-Holding-A-Knife-And-Fork-Extremely-Hungry-Clipart-Picture.jpg

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I want one of your blue cheese burgers with hot sauce.
http://images.clipartof.com/small/6703-Brown-Dog-Mascot-Cartoon-Character-Holding-A-Knife-And-Fork-Extremely-Hungry-Clipart-Picture.jpg
We're out of blue cheese :(
But we'll be getting another wheel in few days :D
Oh if you do make your own, use Franks Red Hot Sauce. It's the only hot sauce I know that has flavor rather than just being spicey.

RiceMonster
June 10th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Ha! Rice, Beans, Eggs, Toast Lemon juice, with "natilla" and tortillas owns u all :3

champs breaksfast xd

Your post made me notice that whenever I see the word "Rice" I think someone is addressing me for a second.

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Your post made me notice that whenever I see the word "Rice" I think someone is addressing me for a second.
It means you're on these forums too much :D

WinterRain
June 10th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Oh if you do make your own, use Franks Red Hot Sauce. It's the only hot sauce I know that has flavor rather than just being spicey.

I'm a hot sauce connoisseur. ;) I used to keep about 20 different bottles on hand at all times. Now I just have red hot, tabasco, and steve and ed's buffalo wing sauce. I put hot sauce on almost everything. Food is too bland for me without it.

RiceMonster
June 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM
It means you're on these forums too much :D

Yeah, maybe. I use this name for all my online accounts too, so I guess I'm just on the internet too much :p.

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I'm a hot sauce connoisseur. ;) I used to keep about 20 different bottles on hand at all times. Now I just have red hot, tabasco, and steve and ed's buffalo wing sauce. I put hot sauce on almost everything. Food is too bland for me without it.
Yeah, on eggs it wakes you up in the morning. I don't like super burn-your-mouth-spicey I don't care if it's wimpy, I just like to enjoy the food.

Legendary_Bibo
June 10th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah, maybe. I use this name for all my online accounts too, so I guess I'm just on the internet too much :p.
I think a lot of us are. I think we should have an internet blackout day :KS

98cwitr
June 10th, 2010, 07:54 PM
coffee and cin. raisin bagel w/ CC or cereal = breakfast

Pancakes and bacon on the weekends.

murderslastcrow
June 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Ironically, this is the first morning I haven't eaten breakfast in years, merely because the bus schedules changed.

koenn
June 10th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Skipping breakfast very bad for health (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/4004.php)

Skip breakfast, get fat (http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20090615/skip-breakfast-get-fat)

Top 10 Reasons not to skip your breakfast (http://www.womenfitness.net/top10_no_skip_breakfast.htm)

But I guess you people that skip breakfast know better, right? :rolleyes:

since you asked ...
none of those 3 links make a good point about why people should have breakfast

#1 mentions some correlations between not having breakfast and being fat, being undereducated; having children who don't have breakfast ... Fine, but what's the point ? They don't show a causal relation. Or do you think that having breakfast will fix the problem of having a low level of education ? Eating breakfast will make you stop smoking ?

#2 is al about not skipping breakfast if you want to lose weight (contrary to what the title suggests). I hardly ever have breakfast, I'm not fat, and I'm not trying to lose weight.
So ?

#3 is a mix of #1 and #2. The most interesting one is that I should eat breakfast so that I can have children that eat breakfast ...

How can it be good for your body, to deny it nutrition after fasting all night?
By the same reasoning, how can it be good for your body to deny it nutrition all night ?

WinterRain
June 10th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah, on eggs it wakes you up in the morning. I don't like super burn-your-mouth-spicey I don't care if it's wimpy, I just like to enjoy the food.

I'm somewhat the same way. I don't like the nuclear-hotter-than-hell sauces either. Once while in Boston, I went to a hot sauce store and they had samples of like 15 different kinds. Of course I had to try the hottest one, and even though I only put 2 little drops on a corn chip, I thought I was going to die. I fell to the ground crying like a little girl and could not speak, and was barely able to breathe. It took about 20 minutes before I got over it. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had.

xpod
June 10th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I dont normally eat a breakfast, not first thing in the morning anyway but early this morning i did have a packet of bacon and a tin of tomatoes on toast...lots of toast.
We have a new tenant moving into the flat next week so i was here all night decorating the place and fitting a new sink(thanks to the previous tenant). By time i got home this morning i was absolutely ravenous.

WinterRain
June 10th, 2010, 08:54 PM
By the same reasoning, how can it be good for your body to deny it nutrition all night ?

Now you're just reaching.

If you think it's better to not eat breakfast, be my guest. It's your body, destroy it as you will.

But I guess if I was to say breathing clean air is good for you, you would debate that, because that's the kind of person you are. You just like to argue for arguments sake.

koenn
June 10th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Now you're just reaching.
Maybe. But turn it around : I'm not having breakfast. I'm having lunch. Does a delay of a few hours means I'm "denying my body nutrition" ? And what if I slept a few hours more before breakfast ? How's that different then ?

If you think it's better to not eat breakfast, be my guest. It's your body, destroy it as you will.

I didn't say it's better not to eat breakfast. I said your argumentation to promote eating breakfast is unconvincing.

But I guess if I was to say breathing clean air is good for you, you would debate that, because that's the kind of person you are. You just like to argue for arguments sake.
While others in this thread were just stating their breakfast habits, you chose to present your breakfast habits as superior to others. You opened a door, I just walked through it.

I do on occasion enjoy an interesting discussion. Seeing that the only thing you have for come-back is argumentum ad hominem, I suppose that's not going to happen.

And I do agree that clean air is good for you, actually.

Dustin2128
June 10th, 2010, 11:05 PM
I wake up at around noon, so when I eat I call it lunch...

spupy
June 10th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I wake up at around noon, so when I eat I call it lunch...

I wake up at noon and go directly to lunch. Dinner comes normally.
Then, late at night before going to bed, I have an anti-breakfast. :)

swoll1980
June 11th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I had one of those $1 BK Egg McMuffin knockoffs. They are good!