PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Old Oxygen Themes

Choobie
June 9th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if old revisions of KDE's oxygen theme are available. Specifically I am looking for the theme that shipped with KDE 4.1 (Kubuntu 8.10), and more particularly I am interested in the kicker theme. I attached a screenshot to show you what I mean.

I virtualized Kubuntu 8.10 and grabbed all the themes from /usr/share/kde(4?)/aps/desktopthemes/ and transfered them to my main install, which is using kde 4.4.3, but themes where light colored (i.e. the kicker was light gray and didn't look anything like they did in KDE 4.1). I don't think it is a compatibility issue because I compared the 4.1 themes with the 4.4 themes and they had the same directory structure and config file format (and the Elegance theme looked the same).

So in short, does anyone know where I can download the Oxygen theme from KDE 4.1, or if there is something that I am doing wrong making the old version light colored on KDE 4.4?

Thank you!

Choobie
June 9th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if old revisions of KDE's oxygen theme are available. Specifically I am looking for the theme that shipped with KDE 4.1 (Kubuntu 8.10), and more particularly I am interested in the kicker theme. I attached a screenshot to show you what I mean.

I virtualized Kubuntu 8.10 and grabbed all the themes from /usr/share/kde(4?)/aps/desktopthemes/ and transfered them to my main install, which is using kde 4.4.3, but themes where light colored (i.e. the kicker was light gray and didn't look anything like they did in KDE 4.1). I don't think it is a compatibility issue because I compared the 4.1 themes with the 4.4 themes and they had the same directory structure and config file format (and the Elegance theme looked the same).

So in short, does anyone know where I can download the Oxygen theme from KDE 4.1, or if there is something that I am doing wrong making the old version light colored on KDE 4.4?

Thank you!

overdrank
June 10th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Threads merged :)

Choobie
June 15th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Sorry about that, I didn't realize I submitted the same thread more than once.

Well the closest I have been able to do is use the new 4.4 oxygen theme with the old images. It looks a little funny though, I'll keep looking around.