PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer vs Developers

kaldor
June 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTTzwJsHpU8&feature=player_embedded

If it's a repost oh well. Just made me smile :)

TheNerdAL
June 9th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I agree with the song, whoever uses IE should use Chrome. :D

kaldor
June 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I agree with the song, whoever uses IE should use Chrome. :D

Or anything that isn't Trident-based. Chrome (webkit) is pretty much the same as Safari, Konqueror (in webkit mode), Arora, Epiphany etc.

Labus
June 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Love it! My new favorite song :lolflag:

sydbat
June 9th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I saw the thread title and thought "that's pretty accurate"...

Phrea
June 9th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Oh look, bashing IE again. ;)

murderslastcrow
June 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Internet Explorer's still around!? Wow. Microsoft should just ditch it and make a new one.

Frak
June 9th, 2010, 06:46 PM
IE vs. Developers is right.

It's always a fight making my javascript work correctly in IE, which is why I usually use premade frameworks (jQuery, dojo, MooTools, etc.); they've already taken the time to fix the IE idiosyncrasies.

RiceMonster
June 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM
IE vs. Developers is right.

It's always a fight making my javascript work correctly in IE, which is why I usually use premade frameworks (jQuery, dojo, MooTools, etc.); they've already taken the time to fix the IE idiosyncrasies.

Even still, I've seen jQuery plugins that don't render right in IE.

sydbat
June 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Even still, I've seen jQuery plugins that don't render right in IE.True enough. It's always a crap shoot. C'mon sixes...daddy needs this to render properly...

Frak
June 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Even still, I've seen jQuery plugins that don't render right in IE.
I don't use jQuery plugins much at all. I use jQuery for itself, and anything else I need I write myself.

But in all seriousness, I don't see why IE uses attatchEvent while everyone else uses addEventListener. There's no benefits to attatchEvent, and it would make everybody's lives easier if they just used the de facto standard. (I hear they're fixing it in IE9) Duplicate this with other idiosyncrasies.

sydbat
June 9th, 2010, 07:10 PM
(I hear they're fixing it in IE9)Don't hold your breath...you'll just turn blue and pass out...

sanderd17
June 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Fantastic song :guitar:

del_diablo
June 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Oh look, bashing IE again. ;)

Why would we not bash it? :lolflag:

Xianath
June 9th, 2010, 10:11 PM
IE was the reason I gave up web design. Kids are spoiled nowadays with jQuery and the like. We had to do our browser detection the old-fashioned way (hey, even server-side!). I had a PHP library that would generate tables from SQL queries, tabbed interfaces and other goodies, in IE and "everyone else" mode (and that included Konqueror which, even then, was already more compliant than IE). Ah, those were the days! *sigh*

Frak
June 9th, 2010, 10:16 PM
IE was the reason I gave up web design. Kids are spoiled nowadays with jQuery and the like. We had to do our browser detection the old-fashioned way (hey, even server-side!). I had a PHP library that would generate tables from SQL queries, tabbed interfaces and other goodies, in IE and "everyone else" mode (and that included Konqueror which, even then, was already more compliant than IE). Ah, those were the days! *sigh*
I was one of the old "Don't do browser detection, use fall-throughs". Lo-and-behold, our code lasted longer.

lovinglinux
June 9th, 2010, 11:19 PM
:lolflag: