PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nexus One and Ubuntu 10.4

shawalli
June 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I cant get the adb to see my nexus one in ubuntu. Ive tried many different things, including http://www.lukejduncan.com/2010/04/getting-the-nexus-one-and-the-adb-working-in-fedora-12.php does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

shawalli
June 9th, 2010, 02:45 PM
i ran lsusb in terminal and can in fact see the nexus one, so i know its at least being read by the system. The ID number on there is "18D1", so the rules link from above is using the correct vendor id.

BTW, i forgot to mention that when i try to run adb with "./adb devices" i get "??????? no permissions". When I run adb with the emulator running and type "./adb devices" it recognizes the emulator as "emulator-5554 device".

StevieS
August 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hi there, I came across your question while trying to find a solution to the same problem. I have no idea whether you have already found the answer yourself, but just in case, and for the benefit of others in the same situation I'll post the solution.

Instead of running adb as the local user, you need to run it as root, so to start the server try

sudo <PATHTO>/adb start-server

running

adb devices

then correctly lists my device.

If you are already running adb as the local user, then issue this command first to ensure that it has shut down correctly,

adb kill-server

Hope this helps you out.

Ridor
November 21st, 2010, 05:49 AM
Thank you - I was having trouble with this as well.

ralph240574
January 19th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Thanks, this was the missing piece