PDA

View Full Version : I have reached a cross roads...

speedwell68
June 9th, 2010, 01:09 PM
After four years old total Ubuntu usage on my personal machines I have reached a crossroads of computer usage. At work I use a combo of XP and Vista and this morning I struggled to remember how you change a desktop theme in XP. I have realised that using a Windows PC is becoming harder, it is no longer second nature, it reminds me of how I found Ubuntu those years ago.

Frogs Hair
June 9th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I use W7 , WXP, and Ubuntu daily , unless I find a school or a job where Linux is used I don't see that changing.

kaldor
June 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Using Windows from 3.1 to XP (Vista for like a few days) has embedded "Right Click > Properties" in my mind forever. It'll take dementia for me to forget it.

After switching to openSUSE, I'm strangely enough forgetting Ubuntu's default interface.

Dragonbite
June 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I haven't completely.. yet.

I use XP at work and while I have 7 at home, I don't use it.

Unfortunately my primary computer, my laptop, has the Intel 855 GPU issue so Ubuntu (10.04) is tentatively on there and I may have to regress to 9.10 until a patch, unless Fedora 13 or openSUSE 11.3 handle this issue better.

Yes, I have gotten to wanting the Gnome interface more than the Windows interface when I am at work, and sometimes I have to poke around some to remember how to do something but I am never too far from using Windows much so I am not totally "loosing it".

I haven't, though, been with 10.04 long enough to get used to the buttons on the left side.. Ok, well maybe a little but it doesn't last long.

julio_cortez
June 9th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I actually find myself right clicking on an empty area of my Windows desktop trying to lock the screen like I do in Kubuntu.

Apart from that, yes, I'm still more prone to perform Windows actions in Kubuntu than vice-versa. :P

whiskeylover
June 9th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I actually find myself right clicking on an empty area of my Windows desktop trying to lock the screen like I do in Kubuntu.

Apart from that, yes, I'm still more prone to perform Windows actions in Kubuntu than vice-versa. :P

I keep trying to middle click on an empty area of the desktop to invoke the Compiz Cube on Windows.