PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Toshiba Laptops? stalls on install.

millermayhem
June 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I have a Toshiba Satellite L505D, AMD turion II Dual core 2.2 GHz with 3 GB 'o RAM.

I have tried installing with a formatted HDD. tried to install alongside Windows 7, (requiered for work) . I have tried the 32 and 64 bit intalls. no dice. Ubuntu starts to load from the cd, goes into a purple splash screen, then starts up a text based scroll, and then stops.

I have installed ubuntu on various PCs, including an G4 Mac but this takes the cake. BTW please be gentle, I am a recovering Mac fan who has became unhappy with what the company has became.

Thank you for any ideas, comments or creative insults.

Richard Miller

colinwhipple
June 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I have a Toshiba Satellite L505D, AMD turion II Dual core 2.2 GHz with 3 GB 'o RAM.

I have tried installing with a formatted HDD. tried to install alongside Windows 7, (requiered for work) . I have tried the 32 and 64 bit intalls. no dice. Ubuntu starts to load from the cd, goes into a purple splash screen, then starts up a text based scroll, and then stops.

I have installed ubuntu on various PCs, including an G4 Mac but this takes the cake. BTW please be gentle, I am a recovering Mac fan who has became unhappy with what the company has became.

Thank you for any ideas, comments or creative insults.

Richard Miller

There a lot of people who have problems with L505D laptops. Look here for a solution:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1301101&highlight=l505d

A top-level search of these forums on "L505D" will reveal other message threads about this.

Colin

millermayhem
June 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I must of missearched, Thank you for the reply.

Richard Miller