PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't install Ununtu 10.04

MaxTesla
June 8th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Can't install Ununtu 10.04

I can not install ubuntu 10.04 32 or 64 bit on my computer

Every time I put in either DVD I get a guy and next to him is a regtangeler box, then the screen goes black with a blinking white line up to the left and then it goes completely black then monitor turns itself off

This happens with both 32 and 64 install versions

So how do I install it or just use it a s a live cd

I have a pretty new computer that I Run windows 7 on that I am trying to get Ubuntu on

System Manufacturer: FUJITSU

System Model: ESPRIMO P1500

BIOS: Version 6.00 R1.05.2950.A1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM

Page File: 1249MB used, 6937MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows (file:///C:/Windows)

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GT 220

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Help me

ronparent
June 8th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Hit space when the guy and the box come up. This should present you with a menu. At this point hit f6 which allows you to select boot parameters, You probably ought to select momodeset 1st. Then erase quiet splash from the boot line which came up when you hit f6. This will allow the boot messages to scroll the screen and give some hint as to what may be preventing the boot to complete. Post what you experience so someone can give you additional advise. Good luck.

MaxTesla
June 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Ok I did that

I got lots of lines, but the one that stuck out was

BUG CPU#1 stuck for 61 seconds! Mode 344

ronparent
June 8th, 2010, 06:26 PM
What were the last 6 or so lines that printed?

MaxTesla
June 8th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I have no clue some strange lines to me

Are you asking me to copy them down by hand

Then I must ask you before I do that, will that with 100% certainty fix my problem?

ronparent
June 8th, 2010, 06:38 PM
There is no 100% certainty. The type problem you have posted indicates an exception somewhere in your system that wasn't handled in crafting the boot routines or picked up in a prior bug report. The problem is now to try to pin it down to find a hopefully easy work-around (most often among the f6 choices). Can you post a picture of the script endpoint (maybe with a digital camera)?

bquietndrive
June 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
i got a problem with the ubuntu boot cd i restart the pc, run from cd then a bit after appears a error message "Installation Failed" " The installer encountered an unrecoverable error. a desktop session will now be run so that you may investigate the problem or try installing again." i burned over 5 cd's at various speeds an always appears this message i try to install by entering the live cd but it doesn't install. can anyone help please.

Thanks.

MaxTesla
June 8th, 2010, 07:45 PM
There is no 100% certainty. The type problem you have posted indicates an exception somewhere in your system that wasn't handled in crafting the boot routines or picked up in a prior bug report. The problem is now to try to pin it down to find a hopefully easy work-around (most often among the f6 choices). Can you post a picture of the script endpoint (maybe with a digital camera)?

No digital camera sorry

Maybe I will just wait for the next version to come out maybe that version will work

But on a side note I have the last version version 9.10 on a dvd and it was the 32 bit version and that version did not work as well, but both the old 32 bit 9.10 and this new 10.04 32 bit works on my laptop which is way older than my stationary computer