PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] default username & Password

saeghe3000
June 8th, 2010, 07:00 AM
hi
I have a wonderful problem during installation ubuntu .
I don't want use wubi . when boot with cd and choose "install ubuntu" or "try without install" , I go in a page with brown color that i should give username & password !
why ubuntu want user & pass when i didn't install ubuntu ??!!???

I didn't have this problem with 9.04 or 9.10 . I cleaned previous ubuntu because had problems .

I get .iso file from ubuntu.com yesterday .

mikewhatever
June 8th, 2010, 07:03 AM
That shouldn't happen, and you might want to check the downloaded iso file and the cd for integrity. Try also ubuntu for username and leave the password blank.

saeghe3000
June 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM
i checked this username and pass .
download link : http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso
from this page : http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Elfy
June 8th, 2010, 07:11 AM
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes

There's a link on that page on how to check the md5sum

saeghe3000
June 8th, 2010, 07:51 AM
thank you for your answers

i found new thing !
in the texts of background install appear this message :
sudo : invalid user : ubuntu

i understood that process installation make "ubuntu" user , and in my installation can't make this .

now my question is : could i boot with live ubuntu 9.10 and from that install 10.04 with mi .iso file( or extracted .iso file ) from my USB or hard ?how?

if not : i install 9.10 and upgrade with my .iso file or cdrom .
but how i can this ?

mikewhatever
June 8th, 2010, 08:33 AM
thank you for your answers

i found new thing !
in the texts of background install appear this message :
sudo : invalid user : ubuntu

i understood that process installation make "ubuntu" user , and in my installation can't make this .

The installation process makes the user that you create, and apparently, the 'ubuntu' username is not a valid one. Simply choose another username.

now my question is : could i boot with live ubuntu 9.10 and from that install 10.04 with mi .iso file( or extracted .iso file ) from my USB or hard ?how?
No.

if not : i install 9.10 and upgrade with my .iso file or cdrom .
but how i can this ?
You can't upgrade using the Desktop cd. If you have to use a cd to upgrade, there is another type called Alternate.

saeghe3000
June 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM
The installation process makes the user that you create, and apparently, the 'ubuntu' username is not a valid one. Simply choose another username.

no . i think that you didn't my mean . my mean was a user that make itself . for example did you make your username when boot in Live state? thus what the username that you loged in?
i think is made a user named 'ubuntu' by default in live satate and beginning process installation . during install could make my user .

You can't upgrade using the Desktop cd. If you have to use a cd to upgrade, there is another type called Alternate.

and how cand do this?