PDA

View Full Version : Domain registrars

Cuddles McKitten
June 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I'm starting a business website which will use SSL, and am looking for a domain registrar for a couple of .coms and two .nets. I'll either be hosting myself or looking around for a dedicated hosting company, so that's not a consideration.

Anyhow, GoDaddy seems to be the biggest kid on the block, but there also seem to be a number of people who've had problems with it. Can anyone recommend a large (not based out of someone's basement), reliable, good customer service, good-to-do-business-with registrar that'll be simple to set up and meet my needs? I'm also in the US, so please don't recommend some French company that only provides customer service in French, etc.

whiskeylover
June 7th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Nearlyfreespeech.net

McRat
June 7th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I've been using GoDaddy for a number of years. No problems. Hate their website and their commercials, but their services are good as far as ISP's go. There are more bad ISP's than good ones out there, we have went through about 4 before GoDaddy.

Cuddles McKitten
June 7th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Oh. I look at NearlyFreeSpeech a couple of weeks ago when doing research, but somehow managed to miss their domain registration service and thought it was pure hosting. :p

Thanks for making me re-check my work. I'm going with them.

whiskeylover
June 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
You're welcome : )