PDA

View Full Version : review of django book and django tutorial

mo.reina
June 7th, 2010, 04:37 PM
i'm currently going through both the django book and django tutorial found on the website.

i'm a bit perplexed by the difference in the two, aren't they both written by the same people? (django creators and developers)

can anyone who was experience with the two recommend which one is better for someone with no experience in web apps.

km0r3
June 8th, 2010, 01:51 AM
i'm currently going through both the django book and django tutorial found on the website.
i'm a bit perplexed by the difference in the two, aren't they both written by the same people? (django creators and developers)
Yes, they probably are. Adrian Holovaty and Jacob Kaplan-Moss are both the founders of Django and have written great part of Django, including the tutorial. Credits also go to the other writers.

can anyone who was experience with the two recommend which one is better for someone with no experience in web apps.

I have some experience in Web Application Programming and it's a good choice to start with Django. I think you will have a great time.
To start off, I really recommend taking the tutorial and then maybe reading the Djangobook.