PDA

View Full Version : Innovation

endersshadow
March 26th, 2006, 05:46 AM
So I've noticed lately there has been plenty of discussion about how we can catch this or that up with Windows/OS X, and I thought to myself, "Why?" I figure that Linux has been built with the idea of building a better OS, not a replacement OS, and Open Source Software in general has, historically, aimed at this goal.

So to you, Ubuntu community, I pose this question: What's one thing, big or small, that you'd like to see implemented in either Ubuntu, Linux, or OSS as a whole that's not around yet? I'm not talking about Photoshop replacement or GUI frontends...but something truly innovative, something that will push the envelope of functionality, usability, efficiency, power, etc.

I've racked my brain, and I'm apparently not too creative, so I figured that I'd open source innovation...let's hear it :-D

mstlyevil
March 26th, 2006, 05:54 AM
So I've noticed lately there has been plenty of discussion about how we can catch this or that up with Windows/OS X, and I thought to myself, "Why?" I figure that Linux has been built with the idea of building a better OS, not a replacement OS, and Open Source Software in general has, historically, aimed at this goal.

So to you, Ubuntu community, I pose this question: What's one thing, big or small, that you'd like to see implemented in either Ubuntu, Linux, or OSS as a whole that's not around yet? I'm not talking about Photoshop replacement or GUI frontends...but something truly innovative, something that will push the envelope of functionality, usability, efficiency, power, etc.

I've racked my brain, and I'm apparently not too creative, so I figured that I'd open source innovation...let's hear it :-D

Better prOn by creating the worlds first virtual girlfriend that is default with every distro.

endersshadow
March 26th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Better prOn by creating the worlds first virtual girlfriend that is default with every distro.

Okay, that's a good start...now how about something that's less about you experiencing yourself?

mstlyevil
March 26th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Okay, that's a good start...now how about something that's less about you experiencing yourself?

LOL

I am sorry, I just could not help myself. :mrgreen: :twisted:

taurus
March 26th, 2006, 06:06 AM
And that virtual girlfriend should be able to cook and clean too... :twisted: