PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Which graphic card is supported perfectly in DUAL MONITOR by lucid

Nicole_F
June 7th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Hello everyone,

the graphic card i'm using is ATI x300(PCI-E)....it works well to display two Desktops(main+extend) in 8.04.4 with ATI catalyst 9.3.
but i can't install catalyst successfully in 10.04 becoz catalyst 9.3 doesn't support the new kernel...

so now i'm using the default driver provided by Ubuntu...which can only display in CLONE mode...

Therefore, i'm gonna buy a new card to display extend mode in 10.04..but i don't know which card is supported perfectly...
amd HD5450, nvidia GT210....or Intel integrated graphics...

it's said that HD5000 series couldn't display the DUAL Desktop...but i'm not sure...

can anyone give me some information? is GT210 be the best choice?

Thanks You!

Best regards,
Nicole

an0dos
June 7th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I am running dual monitors using nvidia twinview with a geforce 8200gs. No problems. My experience is that nvidia cards are very easy to configure to use dual monitors. That being said, I have only tried one ati card and it was an old and relatively unsupported model.

Nicole_F
June 7th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I am running dual monitors using nvidia twinview with a geforce 8200gs. No problems. My experience is that nvidia cards are very easy to configure to use dual monitors. That being said, I have only tried one ati card and it was an old and relatively unsupported model.
thank you for your fast reply!
i'm highly considering GT210 :)

cascade9
June 7th, 2010, 11:57 AM
The GT210 is probably a good choice.

BTW, if you play a lot of videos on your computer, the GT220 might be a better choice.

Nicole_F
June 9th, 2010, 02:16 AM
The GT210 is probably a good choice.

BTW, if you play a lot of videos on your computer, the GT220 might be a better choice.
thanks you for your opinion~~it's for working...so GT210 is enough~

now i'm enjoying it...and so surprised that it can run extend desktop even without NV official driver... great!