PDA

View Full Version : Can't install!

Dnizz
June 6th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Today I bought an Asus EeePC 1005PE. The first thing which happend was that Windows 7 couldn't start because a file was missing. I thought OK, i didn't want to keep it anyway. So I took Ubuntu Netbook Remix and put it on an USB stick. It works when i run it from USB stick but when I try to start the Installation it stucks after the keyboard layout setting. I waited for 30 min and nothing happend, tried it several times and redownloaded Ubuntu and put it on the stick again. But no success.
Is it possible that the harddrive is damaged? Because after the keyboard layout, the step with the partitions would come. But I still could see all the data structure of the preinstalled windows. Or is my usb stick defect/not fast enough?

bumanie
June 6th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Suspect you need to use unetbootin (http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/).

Old_Grey_Wolf
June 7th, 2010, 01:45 AM
If a computer doesn't boot with the pre-installed OS, I take it back to where I bought it for a replacement.

Paddy Landau
June 7th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I agree with Old_Gray_Wolf... If your computer doesn't work, get it fixed or replaced under warranty, because you may have a hardware problem. No amount of software fiddling will solve that problem.