PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Best Practices? Anybody?

sha.goyjo
June 6th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Are there any best practices for the apple users forum? Have we decided what we think are the best solutions to particular problems? I see some people pushing rEFIt, some people Boot Camp, some pushing ubuntu, some pushing linux mint, some pushing debian. Some pushing network manager, some WIcD. I myself have waffled between the default bluetooth applet and blueman.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the absence of serious discussion about the pros and cons of different solution, we often end up sounding like bickering children (my answer's better, no my answer's better). Maybe it would be beneficial if we could talk seriously for a little bit about the purpose of this forum, what we are aiming to build, and what kind of help we are trying to give. Do we want to tell people they need to change what they are using, or do we want to help them make what they have work?

I'm open to all discussion (and support it highly), but I think the discussion needs to happen. So, tell us, what do you think we should be doing. How should we be helping posters, or if you are a poster, how should we be helping you?