PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Change the 10.04 Boot screen to 9.10 boot screen

Dinjin201
June 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I am very new to linux, but a really like how things are working out. My friend has Ubuntu 9.10 and he's the one that showed me what linux was all about.

I really fell in love with the simple, clean boot screen for 9.10 and really want it for my machine, but i have verson 10.04 (LTS) - is there any way i can change the boot screen to the 9.10?

I tried searching how to change the boot screen, but it was super confusing and i needed files, which i dont have. does anyone have these files along with instructions that are simple and easy to follow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

irisblackwater
June 6th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Same thing here.

I have been with ubuntu since 9.04 was released, but I don't like the default login/gdm theme for lynx. The gdm theme in karmic was awesone.

Is there a way to change the gdm theme in lynx? Going to System>Administration>Login Screen does not give you any customization options.

what about editing the files in /etc/gdm/ ? Are there any options there to customize the gdm login?

I also visited gconf-editor>apps>gdm, but did not find any options to change the theme.

Frogs Hair
June 7th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Install startup manager from the repository , It allows you to import & change boot and splash screens . Then you will have to find the splash screen you want and that I can't help with.

evantoman
February 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Install startup manager from the repository , It allows you to import & change boot and splash screens . Then you will have to find the splash screen you want and that I can't help with.

After doing this, you can try Google Image searching the 9.10 boot screen