PDA

View Full Version : i think i know what happened.....

Tryer(ForLife)
June 6th, 2010, 05:14 PM
i was thinking, while i was removing lucid lynx and installing jaunty back, why are newer versions of ubuntu (at least for me) not working properly, and it hit me.

Gates secretly bought canonical, and is sabotaging the development of ubuntu.....

we need to organise and fight back...:D

kaldor
June 6th, 2010, 05:15 PM
That, or they don't fix major bugs as much as they should.

Try another distro to compare it with Ubuntu :)

Tryer(ForLife)
June 6th, 2010, 05:22 PM
i'm happy with jaunty, IMHO it's more stable and less buggy then newer versions of ubuntu....

Naiki Muliaina
June 6th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Have you been submitting bug reports for them naughty bugs? :)

That, or they don't fix major bugs as much as they should.

Try another distro to compare it with Ubuntu :)

I have tried... Nothing compares to it! :guitar:

In all seriousness though, aside from SUSE and Mandriva, nothing seems to come close for me to Ubuntu spit and polish. SUSE was good and felt like a modern operating system, but I don't know... Something didnt feel right for me with it.

Mandriva! Now that was a good distro! Not sure if they are still in business at the moment.

Windows I simply just don't like.I also cant remember jack about it any more and I don't have the time to learn a new OS. Good reason for people not coming to Ubuntu that as well. Not everyone has time to re learn what they have used for years on a PC.

Tryer(ForLife)
June 6th, 2010, 10:35 PM
i forgot majority of the bugs, to save my nerves i quickly switched back to jaunty...good old jaunty...

Naiki Muliaina
June 6th, 2010, 11:37 PM
What bugs can you remember having? :) Reporting any bug ya find can help :)

Tryer(ForLife)
June 7th, 2010, 10:57 AM
1. My optical drives dissaper from time to time, i would have to restart my computer in order for them to come back again.
- After searching i found out that i need Mediabuntu in order for this to work, but even with mediabuntu it's still not working properly
2. Can't connect to the Internet in 9.10, i tried everything and it just won't connect, i can't even access the router.
3. My external disk has troubles opening, i have the icon, i click on it and nothing happens i have to click again few time for it to open
4. Icons for System, Places and so on, are all messed up, starting from 9.10

There's are more smaller, annoying things that i came accross, but i won't write them here, like i said i even forgot some of them...:D

lisati
June 7th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I'm currently whiling away the time waiting for a backup to complete so I can recover from a PEBKAC error, so here goes with my $0.02: each of us seems to get a different mileage from a particular distro.