PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else loving Quake-live?

dragos240
June 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM
As a Quake fan, it's just great. It's really a lot like Q3A. And, it uses less CPU power than flash :lol:. This game is great :D.

kaldor
June 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I loved it at first, but now I greatly hate it.

My favourite aspect of Quake III was mapping, skinning and modding and being free to do whatever I want. With Quake Live, everything is locked up; no more customizations. I also hate the fact that you are controlled by adminstration. I also hate that your frags are tracked; I play for fun, but seeing frags/deaths ranked makes me feel too competitive.

Check out OpenArena. It's much better. Great game and entirely GPL'd.

dragos240
June 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I loved it at first, but now I greatly hate it.

My favourite aspect of Quake III was mapping, skinning and modding and being free to do whatever I want. With Quake Live, everything is locked up; no more customizations. I also hate the fact that you are controlled by adminstration. I also hate that your frags are tracked; I play for fun, but seeing frags/deaths ranked makes me feel too competitive.

Check out OpenArena. It's much better. Great game and entirely GPL'd.

I actually like seeing my stats. When I played openarena, I sucked because my FPS exp was very low, with live, they match my skill level.

kaldor
June 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Each to their own, but I always prefer to play with the better players; more experience and you learn faster.

Maybe you should make a good config on OA and try playing on some clan servers. My clan, especially, is very willing to help new players. They did for me and I learnt a nice bit :)

Austin25
June 6th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Each to their own, but I always prefer to play with the better players; more experience and you learn faster.

Maybe you should make a good config on OA and try playing on some clan servers. My clan, especially, is very willing to help new players. They did for me and I learnt a nice bit :)
That's how I feel about Linux and why I'm on this forum.

realzippy
June 6th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Do not like the new maps....and miss excessive and freeze mods.

antenna
June 6th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I think it's great, love the stat tracking and can always seem to find a game (except when it's down like a day ago.). Being played in a browser goes against everything I believe but it works well for me so it's hard to complain about it. Unfortunately I don't think it's been profitable at all so may not see many other games go that way.

jeditalian
July 23rd, 2010, 02:53 AM
i used to play quake live in ubuntu bc the space maps wouldnt lag like they did in windows. but now that i upgraded to 10.04, when i try to go to a game the browser just closes. i noticed u have 10.04 so how did you fix that, fresh install instead of upgrade install? and 64-bit?
i havent played in forever and i was going to play today but i discovered this problem with 10.04 then trying to play on windows was a lagfest. sounds repeating, couldn't aim bc nothing was being smooth. it was being like space maps use to do for me. but can't play at all in ubuntu now and that sux0rz bigtime.