PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error after Install before reboot

ttd82
June 6th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Hi all,

Just done my first ubuntu 10.04 install on a hp pavilion a320a, the install seems to have went well, though while it is shutting down and before rebooting the following error appears across the screem:

[16866.760778 end_request: I/O error dev sr0 sector 504392]

Before this error appears at the bottom of the screen the error scrolls on the screen with a different number at the beginning of the error where 16866 etc (different number each line) remainder of the error remains the same maybe different sector number but not sure, there is way too many to write down in the time they are on the screen.

What is the problem, is it important can anyone help please?

Thanks
Tom

MedianMajik
June 6th, 2010, 07:14 AM
You should run a md5sum of the Ubuntu image you're using as it might be bad.

wilee-nilee
June 6th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Also confirm the type of install you did, and want, a wubi=installing from a live MS environment dualboot=booting a cd then installing.

ttd82
June 6th, 2010, 07:22 AM
You should run a md5sum of the Ubuntu image you're using as it might be bad.

Ok here is the output for my md5 of the iso sitting on my MacBook.
I downloaded the iso image from the ubuntu website.

md5 ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso
MD5 (ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso) = d044a2a0c8103fc3e5b7e18b0f7de1c8

dtfinch
June 6th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I think I've gotten this on my last few installs. I haven't noticed any actual problems following it though.

ttd82
June 6th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Also confirm the type of install you did, and want, a wubi=installing from a live MS environment dualboot=booting a cd then installing.

I downloaded the iso from ubuntu on my macbook, burnt it to disc per the instructions and booted it on the computer and chose install at the question where it asks to install or try it.

wilee-nilee
June 6th, 2010, 07:31 AM
So everything is working but you see this error? If this is the case there is error I see on my opening screen and closing as well I don't worry about it as the computers runs fine.

ttd82
June 6th, 2010, 07:33 AM
So everything is working but you see this error? If this is the case there is error I see on my opening screen and closing as well I don't worry about it as the computers runs fine.

Correct.
It appears to be running ok, I just wondered if it was important or not.
I now have to get it connected to the internet!