PDA

View Full Version : Have you lived for?

sandyd
June 6th, 2010, 06:18 AM
how many of you have lived with friends (or other people) for extended periods of time (1month+)? I have to say that its really different than living with parents. Ive lived with my boyfriend (were actually currently planning to get married !!!), his sister, and 3 friends since I was 18. In fact, I dont know what its like to live with parents when your 18+. I still live with the same people ive lived with since I was 18, and I doubt thats really going to change because weve helped each other a lot in eac other's lives.

juancarlospaco
June 6th, 2010, 07:28 AM
no

madjr
June 6th, 2010, 07:28 AM
how many of you have lived with friends (or other people) for extended periods of time (1month+)? I have to say that its really different than living with parents. Ive lived with my boyfriend (were actually currently planning to get married !!!), his sister, and 3 friends since I was 18. In fact, I dont know what its like to live with parents when your 18+. I still live with the same people ive lived with since I was 18, and I doubt thats really going to change because weve helped each other a lot in eac other's lives.

I've lived with my uncles for a few months. I had a bad fight with my dad while he was drunk and neither one wanted to see each other.

am glad everything is sorted out now and he reduced the alcohol a lot.

sometimes good an come out of bad situation

anyway congratulations ! :guitar:
your boyfriend is really lucky !! :P

Paqman
June 6th, 2010, 08:59 AM
In fact, I dont know what its like to live with parents when your 18+.

Neither do I, no offence to my parents, but I wouldn't do it in a million years. It's pretty normal in some parts of the world though.

fatality_uk
June 6th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Since I was 15, I haven't lived in the same place for more than about 4 years (Now 42) I have loved that. Living out of a suitcase is fun!

Swagman
June 6th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Yes.

We moved country in 1976 to the UK. In 1982 I went back to Australia on my tod and went to live at my best friends parents house (He was in the Army and based over at Canberra).

It was a REAL eye opener.

You think there's bitching in your own family..Hah... That's nothing. Guys.. you think that gorgeous girl is all "Sugar & Spice and all things nice"...Hah... (My mate has a gorgeous sister)

You wouldn't believe they can be such evil cows.

NightwishFan
June 6th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I have been living out of a suitcase lately. Hope to settle down though. I stay with friends a lot, and I will have to say I prefer not to.

seanelly
June 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Because of school I've lived in 3 different abodes with 6 different roommates (always 4 under one roof) in a couple of different cities. In the summer I live in my home town with the parents to save money on food and rent and it's not an issue for me - we get along great.

alket
June 6th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Im 20 and i live with my girlfriend and my parents, I love my parents and girlfriend very much I couldn't leave my parents so I decided to keep both. Im very happy.

BoneKracker
June 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Since I was 15, I haven't lived in the same place for more than about 4 years (Now 42) I have loved that. Living out of a suitcase is fun!

Same here. I've lived in 15 places in the last 23 years (and traveled for work from most of them). In about half of those I had someone living with me. I'd have to say I've grown to prefer the freedom of living alone (especially after being married the middle third of that time), but in a situation that is social (e.g., apartments with congenial neighbors).

gnomeuser
June 6th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I used to have an apartment with a former girlfriend, however currenly I am working on a big adventure. Come September I should hopefully move to Brazil, we start with a nice 3 month visit but the plan is to move all my things and my life there after December.

Frogs Hair
June 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I think everyone should live completely on their own for some period of time . I am wary of living with people because I know too many people that have been left with huge bills and housing they can't afford when friendships or relationships go sour. This does not mean I won't live with someone, I'm just cautious.

Austin25
June 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Since I was born, I have moved 3 times.
I have never lived with a friend, only my parents and brothers.
I plan to move out when I go to college, but I don't know what to expect.
That's a long ways away, so I better not worry about it now, except for getting scholarships. :)

eriktheblu
June 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I married young. After my divorce, I mostly lived alone but had occasional roommates. I figured a 4 bedroom house was a bit superfluous for one guy and a dog. I more or less ignored them most of the time.

I spent 7 months sharing a largish room with 6 members of my platoon, but I wouldn't necessarily call them friends.