PDA

View Full Version : Interesting site's not found on google/yahoo, or ask.com?

pr0t3g3
June 6th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I've noticed that there are some websites that I've found in passing that don't appear in google for one reason or another. Post anything here, that you deem pretty awesome, and interesting. Don't be shy, I'm genuinely curious. :guitar:

pwnst*r
June 6th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Not on Google? Examples please.

Phrea
June 6th, 2010, 03:10 AM
U413.com itself doesn't appear on google, so it seems.
Mind you, it's pretty boring.

Austin25
June 6th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Websites hosted on an ip rather than a domain name.

pr0t3g3
June 6th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Websites hosted on an ip rather than a domain name.
That's only one example... there are sites deemed unfit on search engines for various reasons.. or the site(s) simply because they never made it to the search engine for one reason or another... sites that are hidden to many places for a reason (only the web owner and/or a few other people, but not unaccessible if you know the site name.)

pr0t3g3
June 6th, 2010, 07:05 AM
U413.com itself doesn't appear on google, so it seems.
Mind you, it's pretty boring.I'm going to play with the command line for awhile... I thought it had unique commands... I was mistaken... Cmon people that can't be it... It doesn't have to be a site like that one! Post any kind of site that is of ANY interest at all.

Apophous
June 6th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I can't figure out any codes tah will let me in. Does OP have any invite codes or a code to get in?

pr0t3g3
June 6th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I can't figure out any codes tah will let me in. Does OP have any invite codes or a code to get in?
I researched that in about 20 min. don't try as the invites are already closed. ^_^...you don't by any chance have a website to contribute to this thread do you?

pr0t3g3
June 6th, 2010, 10:14 PM
It hasn't been 24 hours yet .. but er... bump?

pr0t3g3
June 7th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Bump

Flimm
June 7th, 2010, 11:55 PM
It's called the the invisible web (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Web), Wikipedia has an article on it.

pr0t3g3
June 8th, 2010, 12:47 AM
It's called the the invisible web (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Web), Wikipedia has an article on it.
Yes, I know that but that's not where this thread ends ;D... I'm still looking for unique and/or interesting websites. Sites that people would have to look high and low for.. sites that only a few people know of. O_O ok? That is this threads topic... that and discussions about such sites. It could also be a small community... in general sites that are:

1. Interesting
2. Not well known
3. A site that isn't picked up by most search engines (if at all)
4. Not a private server where you have to enter a password to enter (I'm not looking to infiltrate secure private servers or webs >.>)

BslBryan
June 8th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Try this:

http://www.deeppeep.org/

pr0t3g3
June 8th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Try this:

http://www.deeppeep.org/This thread isn't flowing like I had hoped.. I wanted people to discuss such things.. but it seems that it's not that interesting to people

Sporkman
June 8th, 2010, 01:33 AM
This thread isn't flowing like I had hoped.. I wanted people to discuss such things.. but it seems that it's not that interesting to people

It goes to show just how important a search engine presence is for a website - no search engine listings = no existence. :)

pr0t3g3
June 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
That doesn't mean that people don't know of hidden sites. I think it comes down to that they are more than a little reluctant to share them. ^_^

murderslastcrow
June 9th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Well, I keep Googling for them and I can't spot a single one! D:< That's it, we need to make one intentionally incapable of being cached in a search engine.

Frogs Hair
June 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM
So, I would have find a site on a little known search engine , address, or link and then check to see if it could or could not be found directly with a major search engine . I just don't see myself doing that .

pr0t3g3
June 10th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Well, I keep Googling for them and I can't spot a single one! D:< That's it, we need to make one intentionally incapable of being cached in a search engine.
XD the whole point of 'hidden' is that you can't really find it on any (if at all) search engines!

pr0t3g3
June 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM
So, I would have find a site on a little known search engine , address, or link and then check to see if it could or could not be found directly with a major search engine . I just don't see myself doing that .
I asked if you knew of one not to go and search for one =_=... read noob read..

Edit: Besides that, by any chance did you miss the part that this is the community cafe, and not chicago rush-hour? Chill... I never asked you to do anything.

murderslastcrow
June 10th, 2010, 08:18 PM
See, you're disappointed because, at a forum with supposed geeks, not a single one who has come across this thread has a very good example for you.

You should understand that it's unrealistic to ask people to know where diamonds are hidden when they're new to mining.

So, too, it's odd to ask Linux users where the underbelly of the internet lies. Perhaps there is a better place to look for this information, and bring it back to us kindly. :3 That's the spirit of community, after all- everyone contributes. And we sit here lazily while you do the work is sometimes the motto. XD

Frogs Hair
June 10th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I asked if you knew of one not to go and search for one =_=... read noob read..

Edit: Besides that, by any chance did you miss the part that this is the community cafe, and not chicago rush-hour? Chill... I never asked you to do anything.

I may have been on such a site , but how would I know unless I checked ? I also don't know what you find interesting . I am aware that you did not ask me to do anything and that you edited your post to include the n comment which was not needed .

pr0t3g3
June 10th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I may have been on such a site , but how would I know unless I checked ? I also don't know what you find interesting . I am aware that you did not ask me to do anything and that you edited your post to include the n comment which was not needed .
Your right. As for what I'm interested in? It doesn't matter this is about any interesting sites.. Any you can think of.

pr0t3g3
June 10th, 2010, 11:55 PM
See, you're disappointed because, at a forum with supposed geeks, not a single one who has come across this thread has a very good example for you.

You should understand that it's unrealistic to ask people to know where diamonds are hidden when they're new to mining.

So, too, it's odd to ask Linux users where the underbelly of the internet lies. Perhaps there is a better place to look for this information, and bring it back to us kindly. :3 That's the spirit of community, after all- everyone contributes. And we sit here lazily while you do the work is sometimes the motto. XD
Heheh.... Yeah but I had to try... and regardless of what any one person knows or doesn't know, post anything that you feel is pretty cool. This post is for the community.

ratcheer
June 11th, 2010, 12:02 AM
I saw an article somewhere in the news today that BP has been "buying up" search terms from Google, Yahoo, etc, so as to prevent people from finding a lot of the horrible news about them. If I see it again, I will post the link.

Somehow, this seems relevant to this thread. Maybe not.

Tim

PS - Here is one such link. There are many others.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Broadcast/bp-buys-search-engine-phrases-redirecting-users/story?id=10835618

aaaantoine
June 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I know of at least one forum hosted by InvisionFree.com that does not get hits on Google whatsoever.

Probably applies to all of them, as a matter of fact.

Louisraritan
June 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Cool thread. Not sure I completely get it. The deep web theme is interesting. Am thinking run the same search terms in Google, Yahoo and a Deepweb crawler. Compare the first ten, or second ten hits from each. If you get different results on deep web, search information specific to deep web results on both Google and Yahoo. If they don't come up, then are hidden?

pricetech
June 11th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Have you checked out .com ???

pr0t3g3
June 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I saw an article somewhere in the news today that BP has been "buying up" search terms from Google, Yahoo, etc, so as to prevent people from finding a lot of the horrible news about them. If I see it again, I will post the link.

Somehow, this seems relevant to this thread. Maybe not.

Tim

PS - Here is one such link. There are many others.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Broadcast/bp-buys-search-engine-phrases-redirecting-users/story?id=10835618
Yes that's very significant as well as relevant. This thread is dedicated from informative to menial sites that aren't really of much importance, but yes, that is very good.

pr0t3g3
June 11th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Cool thread. Not sure I completely get it. The deep web theme is interesting. Am thinking run the same search terms in Google, Yahoo and a Deepweb crawler. Compare the first ten, or second ten hits from each. If you get different results on deep web, search information specific to deep web results on both Google and Yahoo. If they don't come up, then are hidden?
The sites can be hidden or just plain unlisted in the search engines directories ;D

pr0t3g3
June 22nd, 2010, 07:31 AM
<thread has been revived>
<zombie thread>
<brains>

BUMP!