PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 rear sound output no longer works

deadlockedgamer
June 5th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I have an Ubuntu 10.04 disk and upon testing since I wanted to make sure everything works before doing a fresh install over my 9.10 I found that the sound comes out the internal speaker instead of the eternals plugged in on the rear. If I move the speakers to the front headphone jack it works fine. However I would like to know how to move the output back to the back ones. My computer is an hp compaq dc5750. The one with the amd sempron (though processor has nothing to do with the sound) it is using the internal audio and video and has no modifications.

deadlockedgamer
June 6th, 2010, 02:55 AM
bump

zephyrs
September 25th, 2010, 02:24 AM
bump

linkyone
February 7th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I have an Ubuntu 10.04 disk and upon testing since I wanted to make sure everything works before doing a fresh install over my 9.10 I found that the sound comes out the internal speaker instead of the eternals plugged in on the rear. If I move the speakers to the front headphone jack it works fine. However I would like to know how to move the output back to the back ones. My computer is an hp compaq dc5750. The one with the amd sempron (though processor has nothing to do with the sound) it is using the internal audio and video and has no modifications.

Same issue. Same system.

Edit: Did some Googling and found this... https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/114270