PDA

View Full Version : I can't install windows ?

Abernesmagt
June 5th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hallo guys, my problem is i can't install windows?
Right now im running Linux 10.7. I want to install Windows 7 by boot a windows cd.
but when it begin to boot it says:
Realtek Rtl 881b/811c Gigabit boot agent
(and then)
no boot able partition. . .
wtf? i don't know what to do? i have installed Linux via boot , i have tried to uninstall Linux(kill disk) and then install windows but the same message "no boot able partition. . ."
right now i don't care if i only can use Windows i just need windows right now!

I hope some can help me . . . Thanks!:P

darkod
June 5th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Go into BIOS and set cd-rom to be before hdd in boot devices. You are still trying to boot from the hdd. And if you wiped it completely, obviously the no bootable partition message comes up.

Mark Phelps
June 6th, 2010, 01:32 AM
This is all very confusing ...

Right now im running Linux 10.7. ...
The only "Linux 10.7" I'm aware of is OSX 10.7 -- and that is an Apple product, not a Linux distro per ser. This is an Ubuntu forum, not an Apple forum.

I want to install Windows 7 by boot a windows cd.
Win7 installation does not come on a CD; it only comes on a DVD. So, if you mean that, then say so ...

but when it begin to boot it says:
This is referring to a Gigabit LAN chip ... so are you trying to boot from your network?

You would do better removing all your current partitions before installing Win7, but not being a Mac user, I can't tell you how to do that.

Also, if after you install Win7, you have Win7-related problems, you should go to the premier Win7 forums ... sevenforums.com ... and post your questions there.

Abernesmagt
June 6th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the help, but:

Right now my boot menu says :
DVD/Cd-ROM
Hard disk
Floppy drive
Other

And the same message still comes up?
no boot able partition. . . :mad:

wilee-nilee
June 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the help, but:

Right now my boot menu says :
DVD/Cd-ROM
Hard disk
Floppy drive
Other

And the same message still comes up?
no boot able partition. . . :mad:

You might as suggested go to the W7 forums.
http://www.sevenforums.com/

1999panos
June 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM
What brand is your PC?? Is it a laptop or desktop? Can you install another os such as ubuntu?

If it is a laptop and is HP then you can't install windows except the HP OEM windows.

If your pc is hp, then contact me to tell you the little hack to install non-OEM windows to an hp laptop.