PDA

View Full Version : NetBeans IDE 6.8 & mySql in UBUNTU 10.4

MughalShahzad
June 5th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Hello,
I installed NetBeans IDE 6.8 from Software Center of UBUNTU 10.4, then I installed following plug ins

Database
Java Web Application (automatically selected its required plug ins)

I got a tutorial to install LAMP, PHP, PHPADMIN from following URL

http://tuxtweaks.com/2009/10/install-lamp-on-ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala/

now I have NetBeans IDE and mySQL in its services, I have created tables, inserted data into them, but could not view data.

Is this right method to install all these things and why not I am able to view data?

If some one have more appropriate method to prepare system for java app/web development please do suggest me.

Thanks & Regards
Shahzad

v1ad
June 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
how are you trying to view it.

.:PiXiČ:.
June 5th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Can you view the tables using phpmyadmin?

MughalShahzad
June 6th, 2010, 02:20 AM
no, its not working

MughalShahzad
June 6th, 2010, 02:34 AM
from within NetBeans IDE Services > Databases > jdbc:mysqk://localhost:3306/myDB[root on Default Schema] > right click and Connect > myDB > Tables

tables (default and created) are being shown, when I put insert statement system says that Executed successfully in 0.039 s, 1 rows affected. does not show data.

when I tried to insert record with duplicate primary key it refuses and says that Error code 1062, SQL state 23000: Duplicate entry '1000' for key 'PRIMARY'

G-Fresh
November 12th, 2010, 09:39 PM
tables (default and created) are being shown, when I put insert statement system says that Executed successfully in 0.039 s, 1 rows affected. does not show data.

I've got a similar problem. Is there another window which you have to select to view the data? I was expecting it to appear in the space where the above message appears.