PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Live CD for AMD64 Lucid (10.04) ?

Unterseeboot_234
June 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
First, the official download page is 32k download. I've NEVER had that slow of a speed before. I've downloaded and used Ubuntu since Drake. The only desktop iso for AMD64 is 698k (Official download).

I've downloaded that image for AMD64 10.04 from two download locations and burned the CD. When I boot, I only get the install option in a non-graphical environment. No LiveCD button.

Anyone else have this problem?

dewey_daniels
June 4th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Right at boot when you see the the little rectangle that is supposed to be a keyboard that has and equal sign that is going to a person in a circle hit space on your keyboard to get more option.As for the speeds I dont know because I was downloading at my max connection.

Unterseeboot_234
June 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM
No, I do NOT get any LiveCD function with the AMD64 download, both the small installer or the 'normal'. If I search for a mirror, I can get the maximum download speed of 210k+, but the official download page for ubuntu is giving me AOL dial-up speeds for any downloads. Strange. It's not the old Ubuntu.

I wonder if the AMD64 version is lacking a LiveCD???? Spacebar at boot, or navigating the arrow-select menus shows no option for LiveCD. Gotta have that LiveCD or I won't install.

Unterseeboot_234
June 5th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Found Ubuntu Maverick 10.10 daily build for AMD64. That does work (takes the burned CD forever and a day to load, however).

Looks like a bug that prevents any current download for AMD64 10.04 Lucid Lynx that prevents any LiveCD launch.

Tried and tried to turn in a bug report and launchpad is not availble. So mark this one 'solved' even though I am still trying to find a Ubuntu version that runs Cinelerra. Jaunty Jackalope was the last Ubuntu that I could run that edits video.

ebasa
June 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I have the option