PDA

View Full Version : AT&T threatens customer who emailed CEO, then apologizes...

Sporkman
June 4th, 2010, 06:44 PM
AT&T sorry it warned customer who e-mailed CEO

Love him or hate him, you have to give Apple chief exec Steve Jobs credit for responding to all those e-mails from everyday Joes. Apparently, however, the CEO of AT&T Wireless doesn't share Jobs' enthusiasm for e-mail from random customers, and now AT&T corporate has been forced to apologize after threatening to send a "cease-and-desist" letter to a subscriber who'd send a couple of innocuous messages to the carrier's big cheese...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/20100604/tc_ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2408

McRat
June 4th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I sent Steve Jobs an email recently saying we are thinking of cancelling our iPhone contracts if we must continue to deal with AT&T's terrible customer service.

I got no response, but I think he's gotten a lot of those lately...

AT&T currently has a serious fault in their customer service system. It took 2hr and 17min on the phone to make a simple change in service (cancelling a 3G USB account).

Their DSL in our area is crumbling, now it's unusable and it takes over an hour to get a service request, and they don't come out and check after the request.

TheNerdAL
June 4th, 2010, 07:23 PM
iPhone is heading to Verizon Wireless which is better! :D

McRat
June 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM
AT&T went as far to say, 'if we lost the iPhone exclusive, it would not hurt us. Few would leave us, we have a captive audience..."

I can find the article if anyone is interested, but it shows how far AT&T is out of touch with the guy on the street.

One of the late night comedians said, "Who cares if someone stole a Prototype iPhone? It has AT&T so it doesn't work anyhow."