PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Just updated to 2.6.32-22-generic - Lost sound and OpenOffice !

Kerubu
June 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I've just update by Linux 10.04 and I have several problems now, the kernel version is 2.6.32-22-generic

Sound - I have no sound and when I go to System>Preferences>Sound I get nothing the second time I booted. After the first restart after upgrading there were no sound devices listed.
Open Office - Open office has disappeared from Applications>Office. Now I didn't have the Ubuntu package because I had removed it due to a bug with Impress. I was using the debian package downloaded from the Open Office website.

Any help please ? :)

halovivek
June 4th, 2010, 01:31 PM
hi
while booting itself try to boot with last generic.
It will help you to solve the problem

wojox
June 4th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Right click on your Ubuntu logo on your menu and select Edit Menus and make sure Office didn't get unchecked.

Kerubu
June 4th, 2010, 01:47 PM
hi
while booting itself try to boot with last generic.
It will help you to solve the problem

I've got sound back but I can't get the Open Office menu back from Applications>Office.

How do I select the old kernel during boot ? I've forgotten !

Kerubu
June 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Right click on your Ubuntu logo on your menu and select Edit Menus and make sure Office didn't get unchecked.

Nope it's been entirely removed.

I ttried running Open office from the command line and it starts up but there is no Writer,Calc Impress available etc

Hagar Delest
June 4th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Install the Sun version: [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co. (http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=68)