PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Windows disappear instead of minimizing

sa2u
June 4th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I'm running Kubuntu, updated to 10.04. After working OK, today Windows started disappearing whenever I click to minimize them. They're still running, but I have to go to System Monitor, locate the program in the list and click "Show Window." That's a nuisance.

I think this began after I tried to move panel icons to the right with an adjustable spacer. I've hunted all over the place for some setting to get windows to operate properly. The "Window Behavior" item in System Settings doesn't have anything. I removed the spacer and that didn't do anything, either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

weirdtalk
June 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM
most likely you have either removed the task manager, or squished it with another panel icon (so it's really small). right click on a empty part of the panel and add a new widget. Add the task manager.

Alternatively to save some time, alt+tab can switch between running apps (visible & minimized).

sa2u
June 4th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Weirdtalk, that fixed it! I mean, adding Task Manager to the panel fixed it.

yax51
July 22nd, 2010, 06:08 AM
I am having the same issue, however when I go to add the task manager to the panel, there is no task manager.....any ideas?

yax51
July 22nd, 2010, 06:14 AM
Ok I got it now, added window list to the panel....now it works like it should!

right click panel
add to panel...
window list

and you're all set!!