PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] User can't access public network share without password.

Cenobite
June 4th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hey guys,

I have a user who needs to access a network share with a folder under the "Places" menu. The share itself is public and all other users on the network are able to access it from Gnome without requiring entering a password.

This one user, however, is prompted for a password in order to access the share. If she does enter the password, Nautilus attempts to save its own password protection, which means she'll be prompted for another password if she clicks the folder in the future.

Ideally, she needs to access the share by clicking on the shortcut under "places" without being prompted for a password.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :cool:

Cenobite
June 9th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Anyone, please?

resolv_25
June 9th, 2010, 01:34 PM
What OS is using user that can't access directory properly?
On ubuntu you have a question something as: remember password, default is forget this password immediately.
So, if you choose remember forever it shall work.

Cenobite
June 10th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Hi there.

Thanks for the reply!

The user is using Ubuntu. The prompt to remember password does come up, but Nautilus wants to save the password. When this happens, Nautilus prompts for a password each time. Ideally, we want the user's password to be remembered so she can just click on the folder and go to the share.

The users are accessing via LTSP.

I'd just like to know what I need to do to enable this functionality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cenobite
June 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
No suggestion is too pointless, no idea too dumb.

I'm desperate.