PDA

View Full Version : I made a new comic, this one's for feedback though

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 04:51 AM
http://legendarybibo.blogspot.com/

I'll admit, it kind of sucks, but I just wanted to get it out of the way because I realized that my hand drawing skills suck, and it's a hassle to scan it in. Generally I'm just looking for feedback like:

gimp drawing tips
comic layout tips
general drawing tips
anything else that can help

I've already decided to get a Wacom tablet, which I can hopefully have enough money for in the next week or two...which is a delay I'd rather have preferred not to have.

earthpigg
June 4th, 2010, 04:54 AM
did you just draw the dude once, and horizontally flip him three times?

pwnst*r
June 4th, 2010, 04:57 AM
So did that sequence span several years? Her ***** are bigger in the end.

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 05:00 AM
did you just draw the dude once, and horizontally flip him three times?

...yes...
that took me an hour to just him (myself)! :(
Normally when I draw these comics it takes me 2-3 hours for the whole thing because I don't worry too much about the artwork, but now I'm caring. I want to do character development soon after I get my list of ideas out of the way that couldn't be applied in a conversation. I'm considering this an alpha release of my characters...

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 05:01 AM
So did that sequence span several years? Her ***** are bigger in the end.
what? I drew her twice, but I did do the flipping thing with her as well.

BoneKracker
June 4th, 2010, 05:01 AM
You can take a career assessment thing, that will help you identify things you might enjoy and also be good at:
http://www.paladinexec.com/assessments_tools/career/

:p

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 05:03 AM
You can take a career assessment thing, that will help you identify things you might be good at:
http://www.paladinexec.com/assessments_tools/career/

:lolflag:
That's not the feedback I'm looking for. This is a hobby thing, I'm just trying to get better at it.

BoneKracker
June 4th, 2010, 05:27 AM
:lolflag:
That's not the feedback I'm looking for. This is a hobby thing, I'm just trying to get better at it.

You know I'm only teasing. :p

The first thing that came to mind for me was that the drawings looked "sketchy". I think they'd look better if you made them simpler (not a lot of little feathery pencil-marks, but just one big fat pencil-mark. In other words, clean up the edges of the figures. On the other hand, maybe that could be your unique style. Nobody says your comics have to look like everybody else's.

Also, it wasn't funny. I assume this is because we were only seeing a portion of a longer story. I was like, "Where's the punch-line?"

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 05:34 AM
You know I'm only teasing. :p

The first thing that came to mind for me was that the drawings looked "sketchy". I think they'd look better if you made them simpler (not a lot of little feathery pencil-marks, but just one big fat pencil-mark. In other words, clean up the edges of the figures. On the other hand, maybe that could be your unique style. Nobody says your comics have to look like everybody else's.

Also, it wasn't funny. I assume this is because we were only seeing a portion of a longer story. I was like, "Where's the punch-line?"

Yeah that's because I drew it in pencil and scanned it which a lot of detail was lost. I'm just looking for something I can draw easily while still representing a character.

I wanted to see how I would do drawing actual characters so I just pulled a recent event into it. I should've thought of a better one, but this was to work on my drawing skills more than anything.

Thanks for the feedback though! :D

BenAshton24
June 4th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Love it :) I preferred your first two though but it was still funny.

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Love it :) I preferred your first two though but it was still funny.

thanks! :)

VastOne
June 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
thanks! :)

On the story - I laughed all through it because that happens to me quite often when the teacher in me won't stand up to the business side and let's the ppl I help get away with free support...I do not mind it as much as I should.:confused:

The artwork is nicely done and shows other interested artists what can be done using these tools..That I am very impressed with.

I cannot draw a stick figure, but I can play a mean guitar...

Well done...:guitar:

sydbat
June 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I liked the way you drew characters in your older comics. To me, that was a unique enough style to tell everyone "hey, it's Legendary_Bibo Comic!"

Legendary_Bibo
June 12th, 2010, 06:45 AM

Check it out!

Also I'm getting better at drawing :D

NightwishFan
June 12th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Hahahaa... That was amazing LB. Great work.

Legendary_Bibo
June 12th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks! :D

NightwishFan
June 12th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Tarball.. yup thats what it is. Grub was cool too.

lostinxlation
June 12th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Like Jackalope or Godzilla in animal math.

Legendary_Bibo
June 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Check it out!

This one took longer than usual, but it's one I'm proud of doing :D

Enjoy!

Oh it's about things that Linux has been installed on, don't take it seriously, it doesn't get very informative.

overdrank
June 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Threads merged :)

Legendary_Bibo
June 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I liked the way you drew characters in your older comics. To me, that was a unique enough style to tell everyone "hey, it's Legendary_Bibo Comic!"

I won't stick to a set style. That would make things too hard 'cuz then I'd have to make my style fit my content. :)

I will switch back and forth :D

Legendary_Bibo
June 18th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Threads merged :)
haha whoops, guess I was putting too much of these. :)

Legendary_Bibo
June 19th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Hmmm, I don't think merging the theads was a good idea unless I can change the title. :(

Or else it just gets drowned out

Sonicgoo
July 6th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Great work and looks like a lot of fun.

There is a book that I am studying as well called "The DC Comics Guide to Digitally Drawing Comics" by Freddie E Williams II

I have been checking it out of the library. Freddie has some great ideas about digital work flows, and I have been successfully using them with gimp. There are a lot of good books out there but this one has the details that I needed.

There is more information at www.freddieart.com

I'm getting ready to letter a page so I'm trying to figure out how to get gimp and inkscape talking.

d3v1150m471c
July 6th, 2010, 02:18 AM
okay where is the comic? link please

Sonicgoo
July 6th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Found a comic workflow how to for Gimp and Inkscape that looks promising here:

http://huesandtones.net/?page_id=341

Legendary_Bibo
July 6th, 2010, 04:12 AM
okay where is the comic? link please

I have several, I just haven't finished my latest one, but I'm going to finish it probably by tomorrow morning because the doctor ordered me on bed rest. :D

Epik Matt
July 6th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Pretty funny, nice job ;)

Legendary_Bibo
July 6th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Found a comic workflow how to for Gimp and Inkscape that looks promising here:

http://huesandtones.net/?page_id=341

Oh yeah I was reading through it and there's one big reason why this wouldn't work with me.

Itís assumed that the script is complete before I even touch illustrations. The script is written in a consistent format with all the panels neatly planned, dialogues, captions and actions written in vivid details, though I may improvise on the go.

For me I just kind of do an odd hybrid style where I write or draw what comes to me. I lack any sort of organization. :)

Throughout the day if I think of something to go into my comic I write it down, but most of the time I'm not anywhere near a place to write it down, so it gets watered down because of my memory.