PDA

View Full Version : Getting bored with new tech

sandyd
June 4th, 2010, 02:26 AM
How long does it take you to get bored with a new tech/gadget you just bought/got?

For me, you should see how many times I change my cell phone... I was using the iPhone 3GS 1 month ago (since november), and now im holding onto my new milestone...

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 02:28 AM
How long does it take you to get bored with a new tech/gadget you just bought/got?

For me, you should see how many times I change my cell phone... I was using the iPhone 3GS 1 month ago (since november), and now im holding onto my new milestone...

As soon as I want it...

JDShu
June 4th, 2010, 02:57 AM
No money, so I don't have any gadgets. All I want is something that lets me stay on IRC/MSN all the time though...

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 03:14 AM
No money, so I don't have any gadgets. All I want is something that lets me stay on IRC/MSN all the time though...

Bah. My family is Amish. We never touch those silly gadgets.

murderslastcrow
June 4th, 2010, 03:35 AM
It takes me about a year, unless it's good (like Ubuntu). Even then, I tend to rekindle interest by playing around with it or finding a new use for it. I'm a cherisher- I try not to take anything for granted.

Ironically, I have relatively few gadgets, or perhaps that's to be expected since I recognize their limited functionality for my life's purposes.

I don't even have a cell phone.

arsenic23
June 4th, 2010, 03:40 AM
I get board with it when it breaks or when I feel its resale value is about to drop dramatically. Then I salvage it or sell it.

I've never understood the impulse to have the 'latest greatest'. Must be some mental disorder. ( No offense intended. )

Legendary_Bibo
June 4th, 2010, 03:47 AM
It takes me about a year, unless it's good (like Ubuntu). Even then, I tend to rekindle interest by playing around with it or finding a new use for it. I'm a cherisher- I try not to take anything for granted.

Ironically, I have relatively few gadgets, or perhaps that's to be expected since I recognize their limited functionality for my life's purposes.

I don't even have a cell phone.

+1

I don't have a cellphone and I don't have a need for one. If I want to hang out with someone I call them on my homephone, or just go over to their house and get their *** off the couch.

mamamia88
June 4th, 2010, 04:29 AM
i am bored with what i have even though it works great

BoneKracker
June 4th, 2010, 04:36 AM
I get drunk and lose them before I get bored with them. I have left cell phones, PDAs, etc. ... even an encrypted walkie-talkie (which I got back, thank God) ... in taxis, bars, and houses of ill repute on three continents.

tmette
June 4th, 2010, 04:41 AM
All depends on the device. I usually hold on to cell phones for the whole contract. Although, that was back when I didn't have any money. Usually I can go about a year or so with new gadgets before I decided to upgrade.

juancarlospaco
June 4th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Give it to me.

VastOne
June 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Instantly...or better, 10 years ago. I just can't get the brainwash in the cell industry and how both the young and old is so captivated by it.

And once hooked it seems to be a life need, for anyone... A friend of mine, an old hippy like me, took a trip to Hawaii. At the airport she realized she had forgotten her cell phone...I thought, great, a real vacation!

As soon as the plane landed she bought a new one and txt me non stop from Hawaii the entire trip....

I have been to Hawaii on several business trips...Even then I threw away the rest of the world and enjoyed the beauty of it...

Simian Man
June 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I am consistently at least 5 years behind the technology curve. I just got a phone with a camera in the past year and have started buying Game Cube games. It's great because you get a steady increase just like everyone else but pay close to nothing for it. In two or three years I'll buy a smart phone and a Kindle (or comparable). :)

fatality_uk
June 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Never. Tech, old or new is always fascinating for me.

kamaboko
June 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
i spend very little on new tech "toys". as for phones, i get the cheapest piece of junk my provider offers. i don't need to surf the net, watch movies, need a gps, etc. it's just a phone.

markbahnman
June 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I love new tech and am always fascinated by it but I wait until I know 100% that it would be a great improvement to my life and not detrement until I get it. Plus I'm poor, so, there's that.