PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 install from usb fails

cnkbrown
June 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Warning: Failure trying to run: chroot /target dpkg --force-depends --install /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.11.1-0ubuntu7_i386.deb

C.S.Cameron
June 4th, 2010, 02:02 AM
How did you make your install USB? I've not seen this message using a usb-creator or UNetbotin Live USB.

C.S.Cameron
June 4th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Oops

cnkbrown
June 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM
usb-creator-gtk.

the install fails duing the 'install base' phase, and there is an error box covering the screen asking if you want to continue, after selecting continue, it tries again, and this error appears - I did have 2 successful installs out of maybe 10 - same USB, same processor.

Same failure trying ubuntu-9.10-server.

cnkbrown
June 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM
oops?

cnkbrown
June 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM
using 10.04-desktop;

ubi-partman failed with exit code 141. Further information may be found in /var/log/syslog. Do you want to try running this step again before continuing? If you do not, your installation may fail entirely or may be broken.

tried again - same message
rebooted - same message

continue anyway.

ubi-usersetup failed with exit code 10. Further information may be found in /var/log/syslog. Do you want to try running this step again before continuing? If you do not, your installation may fail entirely or may be broken.

continue anyway.

something flashed, and the ubi-migrationassistant failed with exit code 10. blah blah blah

continue anyway.

Finally, got to the 'entirely fail' part. Keeps going back to "Who are you?"

cnkbrown
June 4th, 2010, 04:03 PM
UNetbootin seems to work - at least twice in a row - with the caveat of having to press Tab and use the 'cdrom-detect/try-usb=true' argument.

C.S.Cameron
June 4th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Have you checked the MD5SUM for the iso's?
Bad iso's have provided me many hours of entertainment.