PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo S10-2 freezes, when trying to try/install from USB flash-drive.

ZviRyatko
June 3rd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Hi there!
I've decided to try Ubuntu netbook edition on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 (59027204) (I use Windows XP SP3, which was pre-installed), so I've downloaded the iso, universal usb installer, and created a bootable flash-drive. But when I restart the netbook it freezes with the flash-drive in it. Just freezes, even if it doesn't boot from it. I've tried to stick it other usb ports, but nothing helped. If I remove it from usb port everything goes fine, so it freezes with a flash in the laptop. Flash-drive is apacer 4gb, but unfortunately I can't remember the exact name of the model :(
Has anyone encountered such a problem?

ZviRyatko
June 3rd, 2010, 07:34 PM
Up

ZviRyatko
June 4th, 2010, 05:13 PM
no assumptions?:sad:

ZviRyatko
October 12th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I still have a hope that there may be a solution.

Jelanda
November 23rd, 2010, 08:47 AM
I have the same problem here buddy, l already tried editing BIOS settings to change boot order. It just displayed syslinux…… and then freezes.

B3NT1
November 23rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
I was also excited when I heard that Ubuntu 10.10 netbook version could be "tested" from a flash drive. I also have a lenovo s-10 netbook. I set up the bios to boot from usb after installing it to 2GB PNY attache flash drive using the steps outlined on the Ubuntu home page. It locked up on the initial start up lenovo splash screen and hard to be reset by holding the power button down.

This particular version of the S-10 has the lenovo quick start "Splashtop" watered down linux application on the motherboard. This fast starting alternate to XP (home edition) works well, but it is tightly locked down and I'm wondering if this creates some sort of conflict when I attempted to boot from the USB.:confused:

Any feedback/possible solutions would be appreciated.

ZviRyatko
November 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Resolved this problem just recently!
Just used another flash drive on 1 GB. Ran perfectly from it but I didn't try to install it.
Anyway, it's solved - netbook doesn't freeze anymore.