PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] save the currenty xterm sessions in the workspace after reboot

bidon15
June 3rd, 2010, 02:55 AM
Hi there,

Need help - Anyone knows how to save the currently workspace settings on my desktop when logout/reboot/shutdown the old setting will resume? Currently, i have configured the multiple xterm sessions and placed them in each corner of workspace on dual monitors, but after the system rebooted the xterm sessions are resumed, but they display on one monitor instead of two monitor and overlapped each other.

I followed to save the desktop setting at in the "startup Applications preferences\remember currently runnign application". This would not work as i wish. Littlery, i want each xterm session reopen and place in each corner of workspace(i have 20 xterm opened everytime -If someone knows to tweak it that would really appreciate it very much).

I run Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with daul monitors.

Thanks in advance,

DP

chrisstankevitz
July 27th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I understand your xterm windows open in the wrong position when you log in.

Just be thankful you get anything... when I log in, I get nothing but a blank desktop.

Question: How do you get the xterm windows to reappear when you log in (albeit in the wrong position)?

Chris

chopinhauer
July 27th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I followed to save the desktop setting at in the "startup Applications preferences\remember currently runnign application". This would not work as i wish. Littlery, i want each xterm session reopen and place in each corner of workspace(i have 20 xterm opened everytime -If someone knows to tweak it that would really appreciate it very much).

If you use xterms you are effectively lucky to get anything at all. Switch to gnome-terminal, which communicates correctly with the session manager.

You will also be able to see the registered session in the ~/.config/session-state directory.