PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Visual effects reset on login

Takoboushi
June 2nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
I encountered a plethora of difficulties upon upgrading from 9.10 to 10.04, mainly involving complete loss of audio and the desktop freezing when I logged in. I solved those, but now my remaining problem is that Ubuntu is resetting my visual effects to 'None' every time I log in. Because of this, all my windows are missing window-bars when I log on, and I have to go into my Appearance Preferences and reset the effects to "Extra" every time I log on. Even if I set it to "Normal" they reset when I log back in. I think there may be a problem with the system shutting down, since the loading bar never finishes before the computer powers off. I have an HP Pavilion with an Nvidia 195.36.15 driver. If I need to post an error report, could someone tell me how to do that?

Also, I've heard a lot about the window bar buttons moving to the left side of the bar on 10.04, and they didn't do that when I upgraded. Actually, the entire appearance of my system remained completely the same when I upgraded, and did the same thing last time I upgraded. Is that normal?