PDA

View Full Version : Teamviewer Icon Missing

FlakoCR90
June 2nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hi everybody:

I have installed Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Netbook Remix on my Toshiba NB305, and seems that everything is working OK. Although, yesterday I downloaded TeamViewer .deb package and installed it. It executes normally, but after a reboot, the icon dissapears from the main menu :confused:... i don't know how to restore it.

If I type "teamviewer" on the terminal, the programs opens. But, I want the graphical icon...

I really apreciate the provided help. Thanks :P

howefield
June 2nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not familiar with the Netbook Remix edition, but this thread seems to have answered the same question.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1355342

baz.g
September 11th, 2010, 09:25 PM
sorry to dig up an old thread but I am also having the same problem. i have added teamviewer back into the main menu>internet but i cannot find the teamviewer icon, i know how to change the icon from that default spring thing but i do not know where teamviewer is actually installed on the system so cannot find the icon :(

please help :)

howefield
September 11th, 2010, 09:37 PM
..i do not know where teamviewer is actually installed on the system so cannot find the icon

The icon is in /opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/5/desktop

baz.g
September 11th, 2010, 09:41 PM
excellent! thanks very much :)

howefield
September 11th, 2010, 09:44 PM
excellent! thanks very much :)

You are most welcome.

PS. Do you know the links in your signature appear broken ?

baz.g
September 11th, 2010, 09:53 PM
You are most welcome.

PS. Do you know the links in your signature appear broken ?

yeh, i saw that. i havent been on these forums for a very long time and have only just reinstalled ubuntu, will sort them out at some point - cheers :)