PDA

View Full Version : [Academic survey] Because you hate Windows , so you join in Linux , is it true ?

petercilee
June 2nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
over 6 years , when I start to develop the project of linux , until now .... it's diffcult to do this kiind of job before , there is few howto documents and introduction , but now , it's much easier than before .

and there is some different , I think the linux's users who join in Linux for hating Windows are decreasing. is it real ?

for confirm this phenomenon , I design a survey , please do me a favor , I need many linux's users to complete this job . please =)

In Taiwan , I can send a gift to people who complete this survey , but in here , I just can send my appreciation and blessing , sorry .... it's really very negligible , I hope somebody can help me =)

the survey's web site is here : http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDFFNFRKbXk0OENxWnlBNVZoM2tXOFE6M Q

saulgoode
June 2nd, 2010, 07:33 AM
Done.

You asked some intriguing questions. Hopefully you will share the results.

Legendary_Bibo
June 2nd, 2010, 07:40 AM
I was about to critique your English, but if you're from a different country then I'll bite my tongue :D
I actually explain why I started using linux in my comic...on my blog...it's in the link below :D

Legendary_Bibo
June 2nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
You should emphasize that the survey is for people at a developers standpoint.

Rasa1111
June 2nd, 2010, 07:56 AM
I was about to critique your English, but if you're from a different country then I'll bite my tongue :D
I actually explain why I started using linux in my comic...on my blog...it's in the link below :D

Yeah, I would think Taiwan would fall under a "different country"lol

Petercilee~ I think Your english might be better than many americans . lol ~ nice work.

Will do the survey now. :KS
p.s. nice job on the survey to. :)

cchhrriiss121212
June 2nd, 2010, 08:51 AM
You describe this as a user survey but a lot of questions are aimed at developers, so I couldn't finish it. Also, there are many questions that are repeated in a slightly different wording several times.

kpholmes
June 2nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
wow. that survey has some weird questions, didnt finish it after reading questions like:

I was aware of the way my mind was working.

At times, it almost seemed like things were happening in slow motion.

I had a feeling of total control.

I loved the feeling of that performance and want to capture it again.

im using software, not doing drugs. :confused:

BoneKracker
June 2nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
#-o

BoneKracker
June 2nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
You describe this as a user survey but a lot of questions are aimed at developers, so I couldn't finish it. Also, there are many questions that are repeated in a slightly different wording several times.

That's often a data collection technique intended to validate responses (believe it or not, about half the time people give a different answer to what is fundamentally the same question, and when they do, the response is invalid unless you've asked thrice, in which case you can use the mode). When done expertly, you don't realize you're being asked the same question.

Khakilang
June 2nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
I am confuse by the survey. Like something about your mind, body and mood. What hast got to do with Open source.

kpholmes
June 3rd, 2010, 04:35 AM
Haha. It must be a joke

Timmer1240
June 3rd, 2010, 05:26 AM

Hey Man loved your comic!Keep it up!

Mr. Picklesworth
June 3rd, 2010, 05:39 AM
Are you sure page 4 isn't some kind of survey for musical performers? :)