PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trash for Cairo Dock?

TriBlox6432
June 2nd, 2010, 04:54 AM
How can I put trash on Cairo Dock?

nhasian
June 2nd, 2010, 05:53 AM
i dont have cairo-dock installed at the moment but i remember there was a setting to add the trashcan as well as other applets.

TriBlox6432
June 2nd, 2010, 02:37 PM
I've found it. Thank you!!

elliotn
June 2nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Whenever i put trash in Cairo it wont find the icon

fabounet
June 3rd, 2010, 12:30 AM
there is an applet to activate, you can't just drag and drop the trash icon from the desktop

TheRacerX
November 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
i got the trashcan working on the dock but the Icon itself wont display on the dock its just an empty space with the word "Trash" when i run my cursor over it. How do i fix that?

Cpierce
November 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Go to your startup applications and edit your Cairo dock command. I assume you created one so Cairo will start on boot up. After the command, put a -o. Note this is an "o" not a zero. It should look like this:

/usr/bin/Cairo-dock -o

This will start the version with advanced graphics. However your graphics card may not be good enough to run it. Check to see if you have extra graphics installed.

TheRacerX
November 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
i havent set it up to start up when i log in cause i 1) i dont know how too ( still new to this) and 2) i havent turned my computer off in like a week

Cpierce
November 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM
go to system>preferences>startup applications. Click add, For the title put "Cairo Dock" without the quotations. For command, put "/usr/bin/cairo-dock -o" then hit save and reboot. For the lower graphic cairo, the command would be "/usr/bin/cairo-dock -c".

If for some reason later you don't want cairo to start at bootup, then just go back to startup applications and uncheck the cairo box.

A little hint, while you are in startup, uncheck and boxes of programs you don't use,(remote desktop, Ubuntu One ?) This will free up some processor and RAM.

Cavsfan
March 5th, 2012, 07:17 PM
For some odd reason when I add dustbin (Trash) to Cairo Dock and click on it. Just a glimpse of something appears
at the top left of the screen down a couple of inches.
It looks like few icons but, it disappears too quick to tell for sure. But, it will not open the trash folder.
I have added Trash to the panel at the top and that works fine. I have checked in Configure Cairo Dock and that is where I added the check mark by trash
to get it to appear in the dock in the first place. I have checked the settings there about trash and everything appears correct.
But, it just does not work as expected from the dock.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cavsfan
March 7th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Does anybody have an idea why when I add Trash to Cairo Dock and click on it, it does not open trash?

Cavsfan
April 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM
Never mind. Upon booting into Ubuntu today, Cairo-Dock got and error about trash and asked if I wanted to delete it or keep it.
I deleted it and trash was still there. It now opens like it should when clicked on.

Must have been a glitch that ironed itself out.