PDA

View Full Version : Trying Gentoo

yamfox
June 1st, 2010, 11:15 PM
It's working great so far. I just wanted something that could waste my time during summer break, lol. (I'm 13 years old by the way. I first installed ubuntu when I was 10.

NightwishFan
June 1st, 2010, 11:19 PM
Not bad, I am glad to see more young people interested in open source. By any chance, how did you set things up? Gnome/KDE etc? Any other specifics?

yamfox
June 1st, 2010, 11:21 PM
Xfce right now. I might use an even more lightweight window manager later. I installed gentoo so that wine and blender would have more breathing room. Also have been doing other things, like trying out the hardware accelerated VLC (never could install it in ubuntu, btw.) It's fine right now.

linux-hack
June 1st, 2010, 11:22 PM
It's working great so far. I just wanted something that could waste my time during summer break, lol. (I'm 13 years old by the way. I first installed ubuntu when I was 10.

Juste wanted to say BRAVO :D .. You are the future of open source LOL :D :guitar:

-grubby
June 1st, 2010, 11:29 PM
If you want something fun to do over the summer, perhaps you should try programming? I'd suggest using Python to start out with.

yamfox
June 1st, 2010, 11:31 PM
Sure :D
I have done some BASIC and C, and also Java for flash animation, but I haven't touched Python yet. I'll see what happens!