PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help rename home folder in places menu.

mnicholson1618
June 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hey so, this is my second thread ever. ANyway, awhile back I managed somehow to change the home folder name in places to Dorian's Domain. That was back when my computer was Named Dorian, well now my Computer is named Astrid and I would like to change the shortcut in the places menu accordingly. BUt I can't remember how I did it last time. I've been searching different threads for hours, and no luck. MOstly all the threads that kinda resemble mine are about bookmarks, and in that case they can just edit bookmarks, but the home folder in places isn't a bookmark I guess. THe odd thing is, even if I go to Nautilus and view the side pain, it has my real home folder name there, which is mark. WHen I go to filesystem/home the folder is called mark, which is fine. THe only place where it has the name wrong is in the places menu.

SOrry if I'm sounding confusing...I've included a pic of my places menu and how it says Dorian's DOmain. THat needs to be changed!

Joentokyo
October 15th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Hey so, this is my second thread ever. ANyway, awhile back I managed somehow to change the home folder name in places to Dorian's Domain. That was back when my computer was Named Dorian, well now my Computer is named Astrid and I would like to change the shortcut in the places menu accordingly. BUt I can't remember how I did it last time. I've been searching different threads for hours, and no luck. MOstly all the threads that kinda resemble mine are about bookmarks, and in that case they can just edit bookmarks, but the home folder in places isn't a bookmark I guess. THe odd thing is, even if I go to Nautilus and view the side pain, it has my real home folder name there, which is mark. WHen I go to filesystem/home the folder is called mark, which is fine. THe only place where it has the name wrong is in the places menu.

SOrry if I'm sounding confusing...I've included a pic of my places menu and how it says Dorian's DOmain. THat needs to be changed!

I have the same problem resulting from deleting an account. The home folder still uses the previous account name. Anyone able to help?