PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Samba used with Ubuntu to share project tree of directories

Cristabelle
June 1st, 2010, 11:40 AM
Hello everyone
'm Working on a project which description (unlike the work behind) is simple: I am setting up a system of tree project sharing.
This is to establish an architecture consists mainly of Ubuntu Server, installed above the Samba server (which will of course file help sharing the tree of a project) and I developed a web application (in php with symfony framework) in front which will be a friendly interface for each user (member of the project team) who can access the projects they are involved in and to see its tree (and its files of course).
This system should give the right to a special user (administrator) to have the choice to join the Samba server to an Active Directory already present or rather activate a new Active Directory and add to it new users.
My problems are:
- How to configure Samba so that it is able to be part of a domain of Active Directory enabled or disabled
- How is the configuration that enables an Active Directory?
- After the integration of Samba in a field of active directory, it automatically detects the Active Directory users?
- After all that (if it works), how from the web application Ican change rights throughout the tree for each user (normally after detecting the user, I filled the database with the web application names and passwords for Samba users and for reasons of simplicity)

Please, a little idea can help me.
Thank you in advance.