PDA

View Full Version : C++: KDevelop 4: Debugging - Changing variables values?, and a few more ?'s

James78
June 1st, 2010, 07:56 AM
I cannot seem to edit variables values with the latest KDevelop from the backports repository. I set a breakpoint and the debugger stops there, and I add a watch variable via the little text box at the bottom of the Variables window, but I cannot edit the value, double clicking does nothing, right clicking does nothing (except give the remove watch variable option in under the watch variables list)... I feel like I'm going crazy trying to make it work, it feels more complicated than it should! Any ideas?

Also, right clicking on a variable in the variable window gives no right click popup dialog... Shouldn't it have one?

And right clicking on a breakpoint doesn't allow you to edit the breakpoint, it only seems to allow me through the breakpoint window, I think they should put that there if it isn't already.

Oh, and pressing interrupt is doing NOTHING for me for some reason. :(

R33D3M33R
October 13th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Has anyone a how-to on debugging with KDevelop 4.0? I used to work with VC++ and it was really simple. I just set some breakpoints, ran the application in debug mode and voila, i could do anything with the variables in memory, view their values and so on. But here I'm completely lost. Thanks!