PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Wifi issues after clean install

Jay105
May 31st, 2010, 10:00 PM
having upgraded from 9.10 karmic studio to lucid studio, im now having wifi issues. the strange thing is, i put WICD netwrk manager on as the first thing i did and it connected without issue, allowing me to do the initial update throught the update manager.

ever since then, whilst telling me it has total connectivity, it will not connect to anything; internet, update manager, package manager etc.

help!!

cheers guys

Jay105
June 1st, 2010, 12:23 PM
no one with any ideas?

cchhrriiss121212
June 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Check that you are connected to the right network connection. Beyond that try a reinstall of wicd or try using network manager (it is on the studio dvd image). Also try using a wired connection temporarily if you have one handy and report what happens.

Jay105
June 3rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
its difficult to find whats wrong as most people are having recognition issues whereas it's being found straight away but will not connect.

if i was to hardwire it (difficult) initially, what would i then have to do to get the wifi up and running?

cheers

EDIT: wired connection working fine but unable to use it as a permanent solution

cchhrriiss121212
June 3rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
I meant that you could use the wired connection to reinstall your network manager. Did you try that?
Could you also explain what you mean when you say it won't connect? Any messages on screen or are you stuck in a loop of "Authenticating connection..."?

Jay105
June 4th, 2010, 01:49 AM
my network manager seems fine, it just refuses to connect through the wifi. after around 30 seconds of authentication and verification, a box appears saying "Connection failed: Could not contact the wireless access point." this is the case even when trying to access a local unsecured network (to rule out any problems with my inputting of IP's etc). any idea whats causing this?

cheers for the help