PDA

View Full Version : What's up with OOO in LinuxMint??

jerrynewt
May 31st, 2010, 06:50 PM
Running Linux Mint (64bit) on my laptop and when I opened Open Office spreadsheet I get the following (screenshot). Same thing in presentation. Any ideas what all the 000's are all about or how to fix this ??

saakeman
May 31st, 2010, 07:09 PM
Running Linux Mint (64bit) on my laptop and when I opened Open Office spreadsheet I get the following (screenshot). Same thing in presentation. Any ideas what all the 000's are all about or how to fix this ??

firstly why in an ubuntu form are you posting linux mint stuff , i mean it linux but its like i use windows 7 and you xp ??

win 7 is diffrend than xp ,, the same with linux :)

saakeman
May 31st, 2010, 07:10 PM
firstly why in an ubuntu form are you posting linux mint stuff , i mean it linux but its like i use windows 7 and you xp ??

just uninstall/ remove and install again

redbook4574
May 31st, 2010, 07:18 PM

I think you will find linux mint is just ubuntu with a tailored front end and as such it is perfectly acceptable to as questions on an ubuntu forum.

saakeman
May 31st, 2010, 07:21 PM
I think you will find linux mint is just ubuntu with a tailored front end and as such it is perfectly acceptable to as questions on an ubuntu forum.

yes its true ,, but there is a linux mint form

Troublegum
May 31st, 2010, 07:21 PM
Looks like a language/font/encoding related problem!?!
Is OpenOffice Calc the only affected OpenOffice program? Does OpenOffice Writer or OpenOffice Presentation work?

jerrynewt
May 31st, 2010, 07:47 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes. I'll look elsewhere. Thanks for the comeback.

jerrynewt
May 31st, 2010, 07:48 PM
No, all of them are affected in the same way.

philinux
May 31st, 2010, 08:19 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes. I'll look elsewhere. Thanks for the comeback.

You aint steppin on any toes. Mint is ubuntu based with extras already pre-installed.

gdonwallace
May 31st, 2010, 08:31 PM
Looks like it could be a problem with the language pack maybe.

Or if you are not running a 64 bit chip on your laptop, although very unlikely, it could be having this effect as well.

I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing from the repos.

jerrynewt
May 31st, 2010, 10:44 PM
Ok purged OOO and reinstalled 3.2 from the website and still have the same thing on all instances of Open Office. Have 64 bit Lucid and Maverick on this laptop and no problems with them at all.

jerrynewt
June 1st, 2010, 12:58 AM
Just downloaded and installed Opera 10.6 alpha and getting the same thing there too !! What the heck is going on ?? When I go to the tools or menu bar in Opera there are those darn zeros again.

nhasian
June 1st, 2010, 01:44 AM
i know how to fix it. blow away mint and just install ubuntu 10.04. problem solved.

jerrynewt
June 1st, 2010, 01:55 AM
That's beginning to sound like my best option. Just installed mint cause the wife liked it so much.