PDA

View Full Version : Who else loves Big Bang Theory?!

TheNerdAL
May 31st, 2010, 05:08 PM
I LOVE IT! I am like Sheldon, lol. It's a really good show about geeks like me! :D

dragos240
May 31st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Is this a show or something? Or are you talking about the theory itself?

TheNerdAL
May 31st, 2010, 05:12 PM
Is this a show or something? Or are you talking about the theory itself?

Show.

magneze
May 31st, 2010, 05:14 PM
Love it. Sheldon has awesome t-shirts too. :)

Hosmion
May 31st, 2010, 05:17 PM
The most hilarious show I have ever seen.

BrokenKingpin
May 31st, 2010, 05:21 PM
I also love that show.

The Real Dave
May 31st, 2010, 05:47 PM
I love it :) I like Sheldon (of course). He's to The Big Bang Theory as Stewie is to Family Guy :)

Random_Dude
May 31st, 2010, 05:54 PM
Don't like it.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!!!!!

screaminj3sus
May 31st, 2010, 05:57 PM
IMO its the most unfunny show I have ever seen.

TheNerdAL
May 31st, 2010, 05:58 PM
IMO its the most unfunny show I have ever seen.

Maybe because you aren't a geek. :P

Kingsley
May 31st, 2010, 06:02 PM
I watched the first couple episodes of Big Bang and didn't like them very much. The constant geek references, awkward situations, and laugh track aren't my thing. I'm still willing to keep the season on my drive though. Maybe it'll grow on me at a later date after watching a few more episodes.

WinterRain
May 31st, 2010, 06:23 PM
I watch it just for linux references. ;)

Zerocool Djx
May 31st, 2010, 06:25 PM
lol,.. that show rocks! Did you see the one episode with Wil Wheaton in it? lol...

TheNerdAL
May 31st, 2010, 06:27 PM
lol,.. that show rocks! Did you see the one episode with Wil Wheaton in it? lol...

I'm watching episodes on a stream and no I doubt it. :P

magneze
May 31st, 2010, 06:56 PM
Bazinga!

YuiDaoren
May 31st, 2010, 06:58 PM
Wil Wheaton is in two episodes, and delightfully evil in both. :)

m4tic
May 31st, 2010, 06:59 PM
One of my best shows since Everybody hates Chris, Scrubs and The War at Home

Ginsu543
May 31st, 2010, 07:02 PM
Big fan here as well. How can you not like it when Ubuntu is Sheldon's favorite operating system?

wilee-nilee
May 31st, 2010, 07:02 PM
OP you spend a lot of time with the forum so you know this has other identical threads. The first one is only a week old.
http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1489199
http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8044332

m4tic
May 31st, 2010, 07:07 PM
OP you spend a lot of time with the forum so you know this has other identical threads. The first one is only a week old.
http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1489199
http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8044332

You ruined the moment lol

wilee-nilee
May 31st, 2010, 07:11 PM
You ruined the moment lol

I am only trying to nudge the OP into a more workable approach to the forum. 100's of threads none with any intrinsic value and just a need for attention from a online community does not=functionality. But everything's bigger in Texas but I guess this is not brain mass or use of the frontal lobes for reasoning.

Rasa1111
May 31st, 2010, 07:14 PM
The Big Bang Theory is the only thing my TV gets turned on for.
ohh, and for PBS once in a great while. lol

This really is the funniest show out there in my opinion.
and one of the only ones worth watching. lol :D

whoever cant find this show funny....
you should check your pulse...
(or look deep within for your true geek nature) :lol:

nah, I have friends who are not geeks who also love this show and find it hilarious. lol :D

I have all the seasons on one of my externals. :D

KiwiNZ
May 31st, 2010, 07:18 PM
I am only trying to nudge the OP into a more workable approach to the forum. 100's of threads none with any intrinsic value and just a need for attention from a online community does not=functionality. But everything's bigger in Texas but I guess this is not brain mass or use of the frontal lobes for reasoning.

If you see an issue report it. It is the staff who will decide. Remember this ....

"Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention."

Remember your taste is not necessarily everyones taste, if you do not like a thread , don't read it. They are not compulsory..

Now back to the topic at hand.

m4tic
May 31st, 2010, 07:18 PM
why is it that most indian guys on tv are named Raj

Rasa1111
May 31st, 2010, 07:19 PM

nice [weak] insult.
what the hell man.

good thing it's not your forum huh?
nice display of "intelligence". :lol:
Weak.

lovinglinux
May 31st, 2010, 07:48 PM
I hate it....Bazinga!

Now seriously, I didn't like at first, but now one of my favorite comedy shows, along with Modern Family and Two and a Half Men.

Interesting is that at the beginning the show was centered around Penny and Leonard relationship, but Jim Parsons has been doing a tremendous job and seems to me the show is now totally focused on his character. What do you think?

Rasa1111
May 31st, 2010, 07:59 PM
I hate it....Bazinga!

Now seriously, I didn't like at first, but now one of my favorite comedy shows, along with Modern Family and Two and a Half Men.

Interesting is that at the beginning the show was centered around Penny and Leonard relationship, but Jim Parsons has been doing a tremendous job and seems to me the show is now totally focused on his character. What do you think?

Bazinga! hahaha. :D

I also didnt like it for the longest time.
My brother would watch it and id be like wth man, how can you watch this? lol

Til one day I actually watched one and laughed like a mad man. :lol:

chessnerd
June 1st, 2010, 12:32 AM
I watch it all the time. My family has kept every episode of the third season saved on our DVR and I regularly go back and re-watch episodes. We also have the first and second season on DVD, and I watch those. I've probably seen every episode at least 3 times.

It's the best sitcom currently on TV.

I would tentatively say "Best Sitcom Ever" but that would mean that it's better than Friends and I don't think 3 seasons is long enough to prove itself as being better than the mother of all sitcoms. (Of which I've also seen every episode at least 3-4 times.)

Sheldon is my favorite character. He's absolutely hilarious, and he uses Linux!

He mentions it in two episodes:

The Psychic Vortex - Raj is looking for something to do and Sheldon says "Well, you're in luck. I just found out I don't have enough room on my hard drive for a Linux partition. So, you and I are going to perform a full backup, reinitialize, and then reinstall all my operating systems." Raj, as you might expect, isn't happy about that prospect. So he bribes Sheldon with his limited edition Green Lantern lantern to go to a university mixer with him.

The Staircase Implementation - We found out what Linux distro Sheldon installed when he says "Oh, Ubuntu. You are my favorite Linux-based operating system."

v1ad
June 1st, 2010, 12:34 AM
btw just because you like this show and you think that you are a geek, does not mean everyone needs to like it or every geek needs to like it.

it is all a matter of opinion.

MadCookie
June 1st, 2010, 12:35 AM
I think it if funny, actually funny enough for me to record every episode of it on TV :P

Still to me it does not beat The Office...

aklo
June 1st, 2010, 01:14 AM
I like that show too. My favourite characters are Sheldon and Howard.

Raj is not that funny...same goes for Leonard. Maybe being an asian i could not grasp what their joke is about but seriously people laugh when Raj said: "wassup dude"
...not funny to me.

Best part is the : Time machine and even the recent episode also about time machine regarding their roommate agreement.

Zerocool Djx
June 1st, 2010, 01:32 AM
Big fan here as well. How can you not like it when Ubuntu is Sheldon's favorite operating system?

I want to see sheldon in the "Hi I'm a MAC, and I'm a PC, and I am Linux" commercial playing linux and then just bitch slaps both them, hahaha...

Changturkey
June 1st, 2010, 02:21 AM
I liked S1 the best.

Timmer1240
June 1st, 2010, 02:28 AM
Yes I also love the big bang theory I like Penny the guys are all funny in their geeky ways good show!

tom66
June 1st, 2010, 02:37 AM
It's funny, but I don't get time to watch it that often.

yankeeboy254
June 1st, 2010, 02:40 AM
Funniest show on TV. AND, Sheldon supports Ubuntu :)
He said "Oh Ubuntu... You are my FAVORITE Linux based operating system :)"