PDA

View Full Version : Other Ubuntu Distros

OLDMANHOOK
May 31st, 2010, 10:04 AM
Hope This is the right place to ask this ? I'm New to posting have been reading for sometime. So here Goes.

Why is there no discussion of other ubuntu forks such as lunix mint ultimate edition etc; as they both are based on ubuntu. I use mint on my personal laptop along with 10.04 and find it to be a good distro I'm Playing with Ultimate on a high power gaming Box if this is not the right ? or the right place to ask Just Close it THANKS

mbzn
May 31st, 2010, 10:21 AM
I use Ultimate Edition as i don't have the bandwidth to install all the things i need. With UE i only download minimal packages after someone else downloaded the ISO. Most of the dependencies i need are also sorted from the start.

koostudios
May 31st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Well, as much as I'm sure such discussion may be welcome here, those other Ubuntu distros are their own distros in their own respects and they each have their own forums. So I guess such discussion is best in those forums.

_Mark_
May 31st, 2010, 10:28 AM
I think the distros supported here are official all others aren't and have their own support forums

What makes them official? I dunno! :???:

OLDMANHOOK
May 31st, 2010, 05:05 PM
I think the distros supported here are official all others aren't and have their own support forums

What makes them official? I dunno! :???:
But thats my Point when i show my friends ubuntu most don't like the themes But th frist time they see mint wants to know where to get the cool green wallpapers i just think what good for one is GOOD FOR ALL In fact if you check the other forums you will find many posts about ubuntu. This Official and nonOfficial stuff is bad for free software and open source, since mint and ubuntu is the same they should support each other for the good of the movement Much LUV