PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Mail (Hotmail) Wave 4 Features

siimo
May 31st, 2010, 08:34 AM
Here's the features video:
http://waggenered.vo.llnwd.net/o23/ms-windowslive/0503_Hotmail_Final_woRating_512x288_500k.wmv

Webpage: http://windowslivepreview.com/hotmail

What you guys reckon? Personally I like the edit office files directly in your inbox feature a lot.

siimo
June 1st, 2010, 02:40 AM
No comments? Thought lots of people still used hotmail.

lovinglinux
June 1st, 2010, 02:51 AM
No comments? Thought lots of people still used hotmail.

I have a hotmail account because I signed for it many years ago, when it was the only real option. But since Gmail, my hotmail became the junk address, which I use for registering on web sites. I rarely open it.

But I will take a look at your links.

Lightstar
June 1st, 2010, 02:59 AM
I have a hotmail account because I signed for it many years ago, when it was the only real option. But since Gmail, my hotmail became the junk address, which I use for registering on web sites. I rarely open it.

Same here.

pt123
June 1st, 2010, 03:46 AM
I can wait for them to restart charging for pop3 access.

Ho_mail

chessnerd
June 1st, 2010, 03:59 AM
Hotmail is currently my main e-mail. I've had an MSN account since I was a wee little lad and my mom got me my first e-mail address...

I like the idea about being able to edit office files in-browser. Sounds like they are going to do some integration with Hotmail and Office Live.

I have the opposite setup. My Gmail account is for spam and signing up for websites and I haven't opened it in a long time.

Gmail is okay, but I don't care for it much. I used it for a while when it first came out, but it just felt gimmicky. Google seemed to be trying to "reinvent" e-mail, but I've never had any problems with e-mail sites.

siimo
June 1st, 2010, 10:17 AM
I don't use gmail cause all the good usernames are already taken. And I don't want a myname2428204580345@gmail.com or myname.lastname.iamageek13131@gmail.com. I don't want to apply a job with such an email address so I stick to my hotmail address. :)

siimo
June 1st, 2010, 08:42 PM
I can wait for them to restart charging for pop3 access.

Ho_mail

Who told you about this? Or are you just trolling?