PDA

View Full Version : Heads of Things.

hawaiian1der
May 31st, 2010, 12:55 AM
If I wanted to talk to the head of audio in Ubuntu or any other distribution who would I go to? The head of audio or the head of anything. Someone who can make things happen for Linux. My idea and another friend of mine were having a discussion about how ****** (pardon my French) the audio systems are for Linux. People would have to put aside their differences, i.e. Red Hat, Debian, etc., and just make it happen.

red_Marvin
May 31st, 2010, 01:29 AM
It is probably listed on the distributions' homepages, however telling them that the sound system is not up to your expectations will help little unless you start providing solutions (not just talk: code, or at least a proper bug report).

hawaiian1der
June 1st, 2010, 04:13 AM
It is probably listed on the distributions' homepages, however telling them that the sound system is not up to your expectations will help little unless you start providing solutions (not just talk: code, or at least a proper bug report).

I know I need code. I will get to it.

Ebere
June 1st, 2010, 05:05 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about actual "heads" of things.

I was afraid of what I was going to see, when I opened the thread...

;)

Legendary_Bibo
June 1st, 2010, 05:18 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about actual "heads" of things.

I was afraid of what I was going to see, when I opened the thread...

;)

I was thinking of heads off of He-Man action figures. What were you thinking of? :lol:

Ebere
June 1st, 2010, 05:29 AM
I was thinking of heads off of He-Man action figures. What were you thinking of? :lol:

Giraffe heads sticking up over fences. Horse heads in beds. Etc...

Other than that... I was trying NOT to think of anything.

;)

BoneKracker
June 1st, 2010, 05:31 AM
If I wanted to talk to the head of audio in Ubuntu or any other distribution who would I go to? The head of audio or the head of anything. Someone who can make things happen for Linux. My idea and another friend of mine were having a discussion about how ****** (pardon my French) the audio systems are for Linux. People would have to put aside their differences, i.e. Red Hat, Debian, etc., and just make it happen.

First you learn to program. Then you become a developer. Then you build a better system. Then you try to get people to use it. Then, when everybody's using it because it's so superior, it becomes the solution.