PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Brasero Will Not Duplicate a CD

johnmax
May 30th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I want to make a duplicate disk of Ubuntu 8.10, but when I start down the path to make a disk image I get an error that two files are missing;
TOC2CUE and CDRDAO. I have uninstalled Brasero and re-installed it with the same results. I am running 10.04 with all current updates.

Rodney9
May 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I find the best burning programme is K3b, I'm sure many will agree.
You do not have to install all of KDE just some support files and K3b will run in Gnome or any other window manager, I use K3b in Xfce.

Rodney9
May 30th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I find the best burning programme is K3b, I'm sure many will agree.
You do not have to install all of KDE just some support files and K3b will run in Gnome or any other window manager, I use K3b in Xfce.

XubuRoxMySox
May 31st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Brasero on my machine always made coasters. K3B was much better (if you have the HDD space for the QT libraries it needs), but I find that Xfburn works every bit as well as K3B on my 'puter. Your mileage may vary, as they say, but Xfburn is another option with fewer dependencies than K3B.

-Robin

johnmax
May 31st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Gave it a try but it has other problems when I insert an Ubuntu ISO disk, it locks up the system. It seems to work for other functions just not duplicating an ISO disk.

XubuRoxMySox
May 31st, 2010, 09:59 PM
Gave it a try but it has other problems when I insert an Ubuntu ISO disk, it locks up the system. It seems to work for other functions just not duplicating an ISO disk.

You might use your File Manager to copy the Ubuntu iso into another folder. Then close the file manager and open your Xfburn (Brasero, K3B, whichever) and create a new project: An Image File. Then point Xfburn to the iso file you copied onto your hard drive.

Let us know if that works, okay?

Thoroughly enjoying Xubuntu,
Robin

itsols
June 28th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Similar prob...

I'm on Ubuntu 10.4, fully up-to-date.

I have a WAV file. I tried burning this as an audio CD on Brasero.

It went through smoothly. I got no errors. The CD was ejected.

But... once I inserted it back in the drive to check, it was BLANK!

Any ideas please.
Many thanks!