PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Add Menu items to Search and Launch

elyse
May 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I just loaded KNE 10.4 onto my Dell Mini and I'm trying to get it configured. Some apps that I have installed using Synaptic (Kpackage seems pretty useless, even aside from the fact that the package names are illegible) are not showing up in the Search and Launch, and I would also like to add an additional category and add some items to the favorites list at the top of the page.

Right clicking does not seem to provide any options to change what used to be the menus, and middle clicking puts strange little yellow boxes at the bottom of the screen. (I haven't figured out how to make those go away.

What config files hold the data I want to update? Are they not under ~/.kde for some reason?

elyse
May 30th, 2010, 06:59 PM
I solved part of my question: the favorites info is stored in the plasma-netbook-appletsrc file, and IF an item is available in the menus you can add it as a favorite by clicking the little star that is sometimes visible on the icon.

It would be nice if there was useful help or other documentation available on these new use interface conventions.

That leaves the larger problem of invisible apps.

The menu section does not seem to be set up in the user's .kde space (which seems silly. I'm still looking for the config files.